Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

About this screen quality:

• This screen is fine. Don't be too picky, any new screen will be just the same

Votes: 4 57.1%
  • I cannot really unsee that blue shift up left, and the darker top, it's faulty, have it fixed

Votes: 3 42.9%

• Total voters

coso

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Feb 9, 2012
Here's my new 32GB 6S screen, photographed in the most realistic way I could (it looks exactly like this in person). Please enjoy answering the poll!

WpUsolB.jpg

Floris

macrumors 68020
Sep 7, 2007
Netherlands
In the top i see white/dark/white/dark, like it's that pinched in problem people mentioned with the 6.
Mine has 1. So I accepted that as something i wont notice on a daily use. But I spotted it right away on yours.

That's me being nitpicky, because you asked me, while staring at a white screen. I don't now if you can even tell when you're using the phone normal.

if YOU are not happy with the phone, get it exchanged.

coso

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Feb 9, 2012
In the top i see white/dark/white/dark, like it's that pinched in problem people mentioned with the 6.
Mine has 1. So I accepted that as something i wont notice on a daily use. But I spotted it right away on yours.

That's me being nitpicky, because you asked me, while staring at a white screen. I don't now if you can even tell when you're using the phone normal.

if YOU are not happy with the phone, get it exchanged.

Thanks, I actually can't see that white/dark pattern you say, I'm mostly bothered by the slightly darker bluish tint on the upper left corner. There's also a "gradient", from the brighter bottom to the darker top, that is more visible when using white background apps in portrait mode (i.e. mail).

I'd change it but I'm worried about receiving a worse screen, with darker spots, corners etc.

I guess I could live with this if I knew most iPhones are like this in a way or another... maybe I need to start checking some others 6S in real life

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.