Hey Pismo owners!

Discussion in 'PowerPC Macs' started by BJonson, Jun 22, 2014.

1. BJonson, Jun 22, 2014
    Last edited: Jun 22, 2014

BJonson macrumors 6502a

BJonson

Screen dim? I picked this up on ebay and installed them and I am proud to say I have a brand new bright screen. So cheap. Really easy to do too. Couple of screws, pop off the bottom metal shield and replace CCFL light and just plug it back up. I never thought I would see a bright screen again. LOL.

CCFL Backlight for Pismo powerbook G3

2. catzilla macrumors 6502

catzilla

Thanks, I do have a dim Pismo. I was going to do a screen swap with a Lombard. How long did it take to arrive (assuming you are in the USA)?

3. BJonson thread starter macrumors 6502a

BJonson

About 1-2 weeks. Honestly I was kind of hoping the first one wouldn't come as I was scared to do the upgrade. LOL. When I got the first one it sat on my pismo for weeks then I finally grew a pair and did it. I did it slightly incorrectly on the first one as I didn't know what I was doing but I got it in there but in the process I got a piece of dust under the lcd which kind of sucks. I didn't need to lift the lcd up you see but did on the first install. I can go back and fix it but meh. Boy the sight of seeing a nice new bright screen on these babies though. Very nice and for $7 you can't beat it. They also sell the CCFL bulbs for other powerbooks too.