Hey PPc users have you evert tried leopard assist i need a help on how to use it

Discussion in 'PowerPC Macs' started by Leolizm, Aug 11, 2010.

1. Leolizm macrumors newbie

Hey i have a program called Leopard assist i wanna know how to use it and i wanna boot leopard from hard disk and if it is necessary to have a disk so tell me how to burn a 7.51 Gb file

I use a G4
    :confused::confused::confused::confused::confused:

2. Intell macrumors P6

Intell

You use Leopard Assist if your going to install Leopard on a G4 that is below 876Mhz. To use it you must first being running Tiger, just run the app and do what it says, then reboot with the regular retail Leopard DvD in the optical drive. Install as normal. That's it. You never have to run Leopard Assist again (unless you reinstall Leopard) and there is no need to burn a 7.51Gb file.

3. Hrududu macrumors 68020

Hrududu

Or if you own/can borrow a PPC sytem that DOES support Leopard, you can; boot up the G4 you want to install it on in FireWire target disk mode, connect it via FireWire to the Leopard supporting PPC Mac, boot that computer up from the Leopard install DVD, and select the hard drive in the non-supported Mac as the destination. Thats how I got 10.5 running on my Cube.

4. mrsir2009 macrumors 604

mrsir2009

Its pretty much a one off hack used to run Leopard on older Macs that don't support it. ;)