Hey Samsung!

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by shadrap, Oct 1, 2011.

1. shadrap macrumors 6502

If Apple chooses to release only an iPhone 4s on Tuesday, Wednesday would be an awesome opportunity to announce or leak some good info on the Nexus Prime.

Yes, I know they are Apple and people will still buy it. I know that forum members do not represent the general population. But if Samsung would like to pick up a few percentage points. Make the announcement if its a 4s.

3.5 is too small, 4 to 4.3 inches is needed.

The A5 does not awe me enough. I have an iPad 2 and see only a slight difference from my iPhone 4.

iOS 5 is great, but after 2 days you will see it is basically the same. Nothing great or groundbreaking.

iCloud features can be done on Android, just not all in the same place.

Voice Assistant has been on Android for a while with Vlingo.

8 megapixels would be great, but Samsung already has a great 8 megapixel.

The GS2 upped the annie. Its a smooth running phone, with decent battery life, and a great camera. The Nexus Prime with LTE, plus the above features will be a great competitor to an iPhone 4s.

In my heart, I am wishing for an iPhone 5, but may end up with a Nexus Prime.

2. aohus, Oct 1, 2011
    Last edited: Oct 1, 2011

aohus macrumors 68000

nexus prime announcement already set for 10/11/2011 @ CTIA 11 AM

Vlingo wtf? how about native voice actions that have been fully integrated on Android 2.2 and above. there is no need for 3rd party apps when it comes to voice actions.

A5 + PowerVR SGX 543MP2 is the most powerful graphics processor on the market right now. You trollin' ?

its not about the megapixels. its about the quality of the sensor they use. you can have a high resolution (8MP) camera with a crap sensor and the photos will look like crap. Nexus Prime is already confirmed to have a 5MP camera with advanced sensors.

3. boss.king macrumors 68040

boss.king

I'm quite sure why you are trying to address Samsung on Macrumors? Might I suggest you post this here instead http://androidcommunity.com/forums/

4. shadrap thread starter macrumors 6502

Aohus,

Vlingo, lol. That is how long it has been since I have used Android.

A5, I just don't see a huge difference between it and my iPhone 4. Maybe I don't play enough games.

The GS2, has been rated as having one of the best cameras on the market. Ahead of the iPhone 4 and only second to a Nokia something or other. I highly doubt Samsung is gonna put the Nexus Prime out with anything less than the best.

5. TM WAZZA macrumors 68000

How do you zoom in GS2 while recording in 1080p? Oh wait.

6. shadrap thread starter macrumors 6502

Already did it on www.androidcentral.com

I am not a fanboy or loyal to either platform, just want the best. I believe what we thought to be the iPhone 5 would be the best, the 4s not so much.

7. lsvtecjohn3 macrumors 6502a

Why don't you wait until next week to make this thread. Only a few know what the next iPhone is going to be like.

Seems it's time for you to leave the iPhone and get you an Android phone.

8. 3bs macrumors 603

3bs

I was going to get a GS2 to keep me busy till the the iPhone 5 came out but I decided to just wait. If on Tuesday we only get a 4s then I'm going to have to think hard about whether it's actually worth upgrading from my iPhone 4 or not. I already have the money put aside and I'll be buying unlocked so I'm not worried about any contracts. But I'm still hoping we'll be getting a redesign

9. ImperialX macrumors 65816

ImperialX

I have the SGS2. The 8MP camera takes worse photos than my iPhone 4's 5MP.

People still believe in this MP fantasy?

10. Savor Suspended

Savor

P.S. - Please bring the Galaxy Note to us AT&T customers ASAP!

11. aleni macrumors 68020

i have SGS2, and the screen is so yellow. contrastis so contrast, like black is really black. but all my photos in my facebook make my skin looks like it's been put with **** and feces all over it.

and some images becomes so dark because of the black being darker.

samoled plus is only good when in the home screen, a high res wallpaper, the color is so vibrant, but for real photos, it's so unnatural and looks like crap.

12. TM WAZZA macrumors 68000

One of the things that I liked from the screen of my SGS2 is the deepness of the black. Otherwise that's it. Colors are over saturated for my liking. Also when the screen is white when you tilt it the screen goes blue.

13. wratran macrumors regular

There are a whole bunch of apple fanboys here....iPhone has always been one model behind the competitor

Look at how long it took them to add a video camera, 3G service...etc....

14. ryuok macrumors regular

Has anyone told you that no one cares what you get for your next phone? Please go with Samsung if that's what you want.

15. ap3604 macrumors 68000

+1!

- 4' iPhone 5
    - Nexus Prime
    - Galaxy Note
    or bust...

16. Spectrum Abuser macrumors 65816

Spectrum Abuser

Good job at copying and pasting what the 'other' guy posted above. And take a moment and use your brain, which I know is hard for you, and realize what website you're on.

17. mikethebigo macrumors 68000

The Nexus Prime will have a 4.65" HD screen. That's just too big for me, sorry. Galaxy S II has the most reasonable screen size to me.

18. lilo777 macrumors 603

Then, of course, nobody cares about what you said either...

19. walie macrumors 6502a

background effect

20. DeusInvictus7 macrumors 68020

I still think the S2 is a tad big...the 4.3" size is probably the max I would have. I'm really hoping for a 4" screen.