Hey Siri - Clarification needed....

Discussion in 'Apple Watch' started by Dino F, Oct 27, 2016.

1. Dino F macrumors 68020

Dino F

Can someone please help me with this?!!!!

2 questions actually:

Whenever I go to use Siri on my Apple Watch (SG 42mm, not that it makes a difference!!!), I can't figure out the correct way to do this (and 9 times out of 10, Siri doesn't hear/work for me).

When I raise my wrist and say "Hey Siri", the watch will signify Siri by displaying that colourful animation thing at the bottom of the screen, whilst at the same time, a quick buzz on my wrist (well - the haptic feedback thing really), however, more often than not, my question or action to Siri never works!?

Am I supposed to say "Hey Siri" and straight away, go into my request - i.e. "Say, Hey Siri, send a text to Jane, saying *whatever*" (which doesn't always work) OR, am I supposed to say, "Hey Siri" and then wait for the animation and the haptic feedback, and then say my request (which, again, hardly ever works as I then get a message on the screen stating - 'I'm listening' but then when I speak, nothing actually happens?)?? So confused??!

When the above does work (very seldom), and I tell Siri to "...text Jane, that I will be late", Siri then displays the message on the screen, however, how do I get Siri to actually send the message as there is no "Send" option (there is only a 'Dont Send' option? I thought I could just say the word "...send", but that doesn't work either.....?!?!

:confused::confused::(

2. Julien macrumors G3

Julien

Yes

3. VSG macrumors regular

Hi there!

To 1., I usually wait until the screen lights up and start talking right away "Hey Siri, set the timer to 5 minutes" - without a pause. Works 99% of the time.

To 2., that's tricky: When you see the message displayed that you want to send, just pushing the (not force-touching) the message or pushing the crown sends the message. I don't get either, why there isn't a "send" button.

Best regards,
    VSG

4. Debauch macrumors member

For 1, I've noticed that if I wait for the screen to wake up and say "hey siri bla bla blah" without a pause then siri does what I ask.

For 2:
    1. You can say "hey siri send"
    2. You can put your hand over the screen for a few seconds. When you feel a vibration the message is sent
    3. You can simply lower your wrist. It takes about a minute or so but the message will go

5. PackyP macrumors member

PackyP

2. If you see the message on the screen, it is going momentarily as long as you don't hit "don't send." All you have to do is put your arm down and go about your business. You can actually hear it send the message if you listen. You can also click the crown and it will send.

6. BarracksSi Suspended

BarracksSi

Didn't this question get asked earlier this week?

7. Dino F thread starter macrumors 68020

Dino F

....thanks for all the replies guys - appreciated.

Certainly helps and I now know what to do in future............

:)