Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

notai

macrumors member
Original poster
Feb 9, 2023
"Sorry, I can't help you with that"

Anyone know why Siri doesn't know about how much storage is left on the same watch it lives on ? my first ever Apple watch, and think its pretty awesome, leave my phone at home these days for the most part, but thought Siri would know simple things about the watch.

notai

Reactions: srknpower

Howard2k

macrumors 603
Mar 10, 2016
Siri doesn't run on the watch in any real capacity I don't think - it just funnels the request off to the phone or the cloud. so really you're asking the cloud how much capacity is left on the watch, you're not asking your watch how much capacity is left on the watch.

All the same, should be easy enough, but it's probably not quite as easy as it may seem on the surface.

Reactions: srknpower

notai

macrumors member
Original poster
Feb 9, 2023
makes sense if Siri is running off a server that it may not be implemented, although from the perspective of a "user" which is what I consider myself to be, thought by now it would have been programmed to know such things. Like I said my first Apple Watch and not as fun to have to try and work out which button/dial sub menu on the Ultra this info is under

Howard2k

macrumors 603
Mar 10, 2016
makes sense if Siri is running off a server that it may not be implemented, although from the perspective of a "user" which is what I consider myself to be, thought by now it would have been programmed to know such things. Like I said my first Apple Watch and not as fun to have to try and work out which button/dial sub menu on the Ultra this info is under

Your phone has a widget that will tell you. You can also use a battery complication on the watch. You can also pull the menu up from the bottom of the Watch display and have it in there.

notai

macrumors member
Original poster
Feb 9, 2023

Your phone has a widget that will tell you. You can also use a battery complication on the watch. You can also pull the menu up from the bottom of the Watch display and have it in there.
I do not see a storage widget. also was talking about storage as in GB/MB, not battery. pulling menu up reveals no such ability or widget that can be added. The way I see it is Settings > General > About and its there under Available

Howard2k

macrumors 603
Mar 10, 2016
I do not see a storage widget. also was talking about storage as in GB/MB, not battery. pulling menu up reveals no such ability or widget that can be added. The way I see it is Settings > General > About and its there under Available

ha ha, totally correct. Apologies!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.