Hey Siri no longer working after last iOS/Watch OS update

Discussion in 'Apple Watch Apps' started by Gmouse, Apr 23, 2016.

1. Gmouse macrumors regular

AFAIK, this happened after the latest updates were released, as I know that prior to updating it was working fine.

I raise my watch up, the clock face appears, I say "Hey Siri"...and, nothing happens. It was always kinda slow and flaky, but, it usually after a few seconds would open up the audio screen where you could see your voice being heard.

I've verified that the setting on the iPhone is correct (don't see a Siri setting on the watch itself), and verified that the mike works fine by making telephone calls.

Any ideas, or, is this some bug with the newest Watch OS.

Thanks!

2. testcard macrumors 68020

testcard

I don't recall any specific Siri bugs being reported following iOS 9.3.1 and WatchOS 2.2. Have you tried unpairing and re-pairing your Watch? Doesn't take too long and can often fix these random issues.

3. sean000 macrumors 6502a

sean000

Definitely not normal. Siri has been working better for me since the updates. In fact I have had no issues at all since then. Restart both devices if you haven't already. Then try unpair/re-pair.

Best of luck!

4. waw74 macrumors 68030

does hey siri work on the phone? (plugged in if needed)

i've had updates wipe my hey siri settings on the phone, and had to retrain her

not sure if that training caries over to the watch or not

5. Gmouse thread starter macrumors regular

I'm trying the unpairing/re-pairing thingie, now. Unpaired, and the phone said it was done, but, the watch took another hour to finish whatever it was doing (spinning dots in middle of face, couldn't turn off even holding button in). Is synching now. On the Hey Siri for phone, that works fine, and...sometimes when I tried on my watch, the phone answered, so, I put phone in drawer (muffled audio, not signals) to avoid it hearing me, but, watch never worked since last update. Finally finished re-pairing, and Hey Siri works again on watch. Thanks, all!

6. testcard macrumors 68020

testcard

Unpairing/re-pairing is like aspirin. Cures most ills ;)