Hey Siri not working when screen is locked/off

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by minimo3, Oct 6, 2015.

1. minimo3 macrumors regular

hey Siri works for me if the screen is unlocked and turned on but not when it's off. I've checked and "hey Siri" is turned on in my settings. I've also made sure that Siri is available from the lock screen in the TouchID settings. Already did a full reboot. This is on a iPhone 6S with 9.0.2. What am I missing?

2. OrionsByte macrumors regular

OrionsByte

Are you placing the screen face down? If the screen is face-down "Hey Siri" is turned off (it's not a bug, it's a feature). Other than that I can't think of a reason it wouldn't be working when it's locked if it works other times.

3. Aibocyrus macrumors 6502

Aibocyrus

Doesn't it have to be plugged in and connected to wifi to work, too?

4. iMacDragon macrumors 65816

iMacDragon

Did you do the hey siri training? if not, try turning siri off and on again.

5. minimo3 thread starter macrumors regular

Yup I did the training twice

6. minimo3 thread starter macrumors regular

The 6S and 6S plus have the M9 coprocessor which supposedly allows you to use Hey Siri anytime. Older models need to be plugged in

7. Mobster1983 macrumors 6502

Not anymore.

Works great for me. I can talk to my phone across the room, or even in my pocket. Great feature.

8. minimo3 thread starter macrumors regular

Figured out why it's not working - Siri while locked is disabled by my corporate MDM profile

9. Harmonious Zen macrumors 6502a

Hilarious. Good ol' corporate lockdown. Makes me wonder how many other "problems" people experience are due to corporate restrictions.