'Hey Siri' not working

jaredlipsitz

macrumors regular
Original poster
Aug 27, 2010
i just picked up an AW2 today, and made use of 'hey siri'. After a few hours it stopped working. I tried everything, including re-pairing, but it never worked again. Managed to fix problem by doing a complete erase and setting up as a new watch. Again, it worked for a couple of hours but has now stopped working again.

Any ideas?
[doublepost=1476486026][/doublepost]
i just picked up an AW2 today, and made use of 'hey siri'. After a few hours it stopped working. I tried everything, including re-pairing, but it never worked again. Managed to fix problem by doing a complete erase and setting up as a new watch. Again, it worked for a couple of hours but has now stopped working again.

Any ideas?
To be clear - it works if I hold the Digital Crown, but just using the hey Siri command upon waking does nothing. I really don't want to erase everything and start from scratch for the second time in a day!

DGGoingUphill

macrumors member
Jul 11, 2015
My Hey Siri stopped working on an original AW after the OS upgrade. I also can't find any Siri settings in the phone app. Still works with the button.

Gav2k

macrumors G3
Jul 24, 2009
Have you set up hey Siri on your iPhone saying hey Siri over and over again??

tromboneaholic

Suspended
Jun 9, 2004
Clearwater, FL
From the above link:
  1. Check the Internet connection on your Apple Watch.
  2. On your iPhone, see if Siri is turned on. Tap Settings > Siri. Your Apple Watch mirrors your iPhone, so you don’t need to check your watch.
  3. On your Apple Watch, see if Hey Siri is turned on. Tap Settings > General > Siri.
  4. Restart your Apple Watch.
  5. On your iPhone, go to Settings > Siri and turn off Siri. Then turn it on again.
  6. See if the microphone on your Apple Watch is blocked. For example, if your device has a protective case, remove it.