'Hey Siri' not working

Discussion in 'Apple Watch' started by jaredlipsitz, Oct 14, 2016.

1. jaredlipsitz macrumors member

i just picked up an AW2 today, and made use of 'hey siri'. After a few hours it stopped working. I tried everything, including re-pairing, but it never worked again. Managed to fix problem by doing a complete erase and setting up as a new watch. Again, it worked for a couple of hours but has now stopped working again.

Any ideas?
    --- Post Merged, Oct 14, 2016 ---
    To be clear - it works if I hold the Digital Crown, but just using the hey Siri command upon waking does nothing. I really don't want to erase everything and start from scratch for the second time in a day!

2. tromboneaholic macrumors 65816

tromboneaholic

3. DGGoingUphill macrumors member

My Hey Siri stopped working on an original AW after the OS upgrade. I also can't find any Siri settings in the phone app. Still works with the button.

4. Gav2k macrumors G3

Gav2k

Have you set up hey Siri on your iPhone saying hey Siri over and over again??

5. tromboneaholic macrumors 65816

tromboneaholic

From the above link:
    1. Check the Internet connection on your Apple Watch.
    2. On your iPhone, see if Siri is turned on. Tap Settings > Siri. Your Apple Watch mirrors your iPhone, so you don’t need to check your watch.
    3. On your Apple Watch, see if Hey Siri is turned on. Tap Settings > General > Siri.
    4. Restart your Apple Watch.
    5. On your iPhone, go to Settings > Siri and turn off Siri. Then turn it on again.
    6. See if the microphone on your Apple Watch is blocked. For example, if your device has a protective case, remove it.