Hey Siri taking a long time

Discussion in 'Apple Watch' started by Gmouse, Aug 24, 2015.

1. Gmouse macrumors regular

How long should your saying "Hey Siri!" take to bring up the Siri screen on the watch (both watch and iPhone 6 Plus are at latest version OS (not Beta))? It takes mine between 5-9 seconds...IF it brings it up at all, sometimes I have to repeat the command (and I am in a quiet place speaking clearly and distinctly into the mike from about 4 inches).

Thanks.

2. BlueMoon63 macrumors 68000

Is it possible you are waiting for siri to come up to make your statement? On the watch, raise your wrist and say "Hey Siri" if the screen responds in any way (screen clears) say your command and lower your wrist. I have had times where Siri is slow to carry out the command but only when I am pushing the distance limit. I think a common mistake people make on the Watch is saying "Hey Siri" and then staring at the screen waiting for some display to put up with the microphone. You don't have to wait for that... if you say Hey Siri and the screen clears, go ahead and tell her what to do.

Try that once. It will work... I promise. Or else something is wrong. Don't wait for response as long as the screen clears after saying Hey Siri.

3. Newtons Apple macrumors Pentium

Newtons Apple

I do not wait. I can move my watch into the read position and say Hey Siri and go right into the voice command with out waiting on anything. Siri work quite well on the watch.

4. Gmouse thread starter macrumors regular

I've been waiting for the screen to clear, so that it detects the mike, and that's what's been taking so long, but, I'll try not waiting. Thanks.

5. Newtons Apple macrumors Pentium

Newtons Apple

Just say it like it is one sentence starting with Hey Siri .......... no pause.

6. Mac2me macrumors 6502a

I found if you have the watch face lit and then say the Hey Siri, I'll see the audio wave at the bottom and then know she's awake and listening and ready to command. I suppose that why they say to lift your arm as that would awaken the watch face first. For me, that's when I get the most consistent use from her.