Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

NOLF1

macrumors member
Original poster
Sep 5, 2009
Here is a question....

Let's say you are going to bed and have the iPhone and the watch both charging next to each other next to your bed. (as I imagine most people probably will)

Normally, when the iPhone is charging, you can say "Hey Siri" at any time to activate Siri.

Since the phone is also listening for "Hey Siri", will they both activate Siri at once?

zacheryjensen

macrumors 6502a
May 11, 2009
Here is a question....

Let's say you are going to bed and have the iPhone and the watch both charging next to each other next to your bed. (as I imagine most people probably will)

Normally, when the iPhone is charging, you can say "Hey Siri" at any time to activate Siri.

Since the phone is also listening for "Hey Siri", will they both activate Siri at once?

The watch only responds to this vocalization if the screen is active.

overlyunderme

macrumors regular
Jun 22, 2010
Houston
Can't be any worse than when my iPad Air 2, my iPhone 6 Plus and my wife's iPad Air are all in the same room charging and I happen to say "Hey Siri" and all 3 respond!

TrueBlou

macrumors 601
Sep 16, 2014
Scotland
Can't be any worse than when my iPad Air 2, my iPhone 6 Plus and my wife's iPad Air are all in the same room charging and I happen to say "Hey Siri" and all 3 respond!

I feel your pain, I had our iPads and iPhones on charge in my office yesterday when I decided to watch a video on the Apple website. They went ballistic when the guy in the video started using Siri.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.