iPhone "Hey Siri" voice feedback suddenly changed?

Discussion in 'iOS 8' started by kiwidesign, Jul 3, 2015.

1. kiwidesign macrumors newbie

kiwidesign

Hello there guys!
    I recently (maybe a couple of months ago) updated my iPhone 5 from iOS 7 to 8.3 and one of the features I was mostly excited about (that may seem strange to some of you) is Hey Siri.

I use it a lot, mostly when I'm in bed before catching sleep, to ask informations about the coming day and for setting up reminders, because I use to sleep with my phone charging as far as possible from my bed.

Here comes my problem; please note that I jumped directly from iOS 7.x to 8.3, so it couldn't have been an iOS update.
    Using Hey Siri to set up reminders, Siri used to read the reminder I just created and ask for confirmation. I always thought it was a wise design choice, since if you're using Hey Siri you're very likely far from the phone and thus cannot verify if Siri got your request right.

TL;DR Starting last week, Siri stopped asking for confirmation. After listening to my request, she simply answers that the reminder was created, without reading it out loud.

Anybody noticed this? What could possibly be the reason behind the sudden change? (I never touched any setting in Siri preferences.)

Thanks, k.

2. CopyChief macrumors member

I noticed this, too, starting with the last 8.4 beta and continuing in the final release. I still have voice feedback set to "Always" but it just says, "OK, I'll remind you," instead of reading back the reminder. Hmph.

3. kiwidesign thread starter macrumors newbie

kiwidesign

The thing is, I'm still on 8.3 and never accessed any beta. I'm wondering if this was just changed server-side :(