"Hey Siri" with phone and 6s = activates boy devices?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by legaleye3000, Sep 26, 2015.

1. legaleye3000 macrumors 65816

So what if you have the Apple Watch on and the new iPhone 6s that has the hey Siri feature turned on. Would both phones activate or do they both know both are on and only 1 would activate?

2. Cuniac macrumors 6502a

When I hold my Apple Watch near my 6s+ and do hey siri only one device will start Siri. If I move my watch up and the screen is on, my watch will answer. If I wait till the screen goes dark again, then my iPhone will answer. Its smart enough to know that I am probably wanting my watch to do it since I raised my wrist.

3. MilesF101 macrumors newbie

MilesF101

Same here. Very clever. By default if the watch isn't raised, my 6S+ responds. As soon as the watch face is on, the watch starts siri and the phone ignores it.

4. WilliamG macrumors 604

This. I wondered if this would be how this would work when at the Keynote it was stated that Hey Siri works without being plugged in (hence making it far more useful). Apple did good, here.

5. daijholt macrumors 6502a

daijholt

Genuinely didn't think this would be something they'd address. That's amazing attention to detail.

6. HippieMagic macrumors 6502

I didn't even think about it before this. I just tested it and sure enough the watch has priority. If the face is showing it responds. If not the phone does.