iPhone 6(S)(+) "hey siri" wont stay on

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by lasloduncan, Nov 10, 2018.

1. lasloduncan macrumors 6502

lasloduncan

therefore I cannot set it up- done the usual non fixes...now what...has to be something simple it has worked in the past ...like I said did all the stuff that is on youtube and the net...that I can find anyway...thanks...turns off and wont hear the voice set up info.???

2. lasloduncan thread starter macrumors 6502

lasloduncan

none of you guys are smarter than me??-- hah I doubt that

3. dontwalkhand macrumors 603

dontwalkhand

4. LennyFL macrumors member

My doesn't always work, but it's usually when I have my headphones plugged in. If i unplug them it works.

5. lasloduncan thread starter macrumors 6502

lasloduncan

tried that ..no luck ...the turn "hey siri" switch on turns itself off as soon as it goes to the next menu which is the set up--if you back out the switch I just turned on is now off it is like a bug put there by who??? oh yah the _)()(&*(&*^^*%&%^$ RUSSIANS!!! GRRR WHERE IS MUELLER WHEN WE NEED HIM

6. dotme macrumors 6502a

If it worked in the past, do you know what may have changed?

Does it stay on if you have the phone connected to a charger when setting it up? Could the phone maybe be in low power mode? (I believe low power mode disables Hey Siri). How’s the battery health on the device?

Other than the above suggested full restore option and checking for forced low power mode, I don’t have any other ideas unless the mic hardware is failing somehow...

7. lasloduncan thread starter macrumors 6502

lasloduncan