Hey Siri

Discussion in 'Apple Watch' started by -Garry-, Apr 9, 2015.

1. -Garry- macrumors 6502a

-Garry-

I'm watching the March event again and, with my iPhone plugged in next to me, every time Kevin Lynch says "Hey Siri" she comes to life on my phone.

It looks like AppleWatch works the same way, but doesn't require the device to be plugged in. I can foresee a time when "Hey Siri" activates multiple Apple watches say, in the office.

Am I missing something or has anybody got any insight on this? Not sure why Apple doesn't allow the user to essentially remap "Hey Siri" to something more personal.

2. Joe HS macrumors 6502

Presumably it can't be personalised as it must recognise locally when 'Hey Siri' has been said, as it won't stream audio to the servers continuously.

If users could set their own phrase it would work less consistently.

3. -Garry- thread starter macrumors 6502a

-Garry-

I'm not sure that's so. If it would allow me to record my own voice and phrase it would only have to listen for a repeat of the digitised recording. I'm sure it's possible. We'll just have to see whether it's something Apple offer in future.

4. profets macrumors 68040

Hey Siri can only be triggered when the watch display is active. For example, raise your wrist, screen lights up, and then it'll respond to Hey Siri.

Though I'm sure if you see someone looking at their apple watch you'll be able to shout out Hey Siri and you'll trigger it on their watch.