Hey so no 2.9 Macbook Pros in stores?

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by DudegetaMac, Feb 28, 2009.

1. DudegetaMac macrumors newbie

Hey so i heard that they are not going to be selling the 2.9 VERSION in stores or is that just for now because they just shipped them out to stores? I want to get a 2.9 Macbook pro thinkin of ordering it because i don't know when my local stores in San Francisco or around here are going to get them.

2. alphaod macrumors Core

alphaod

They only sell standard configurations in the retail stores.

3. Next Tuesday macrumors 6502a

Next Tuesday

Went to my local apple store in orlando, florida and they only carry the 2.66 ones. They informed me that to get the 2.93 ones u will have to order them online which blows because with my business discount, i have to use cash....

4. Patriks7 macrumors 65816

Patriks7

Well they have always only sold standard configs at stores, so you should have known about that if you follow Apple products a tiny bit at least :rolleyes:

5. Mark2000 macrumors regular

Mark2000

:rolleyes: to you too man. Don't be such a spaz. I have purchased non stock machines at the apple stores, an upgraded processor and vid ram unit at the Palo Alto location, so they do have more than just the stock. With the limited about of 17" I guess that's all they have for now but I doubt its all they will ever have.

6. ThirteenXIII macrumors 6502a

from my understanding with an associate they have a business partnership with the Business guy at a local apple store and they can do the custom order online and have it shipped to the store or to you directly and you can still pay cash, you just wont walk out of the store with it that day, but they can make it happen.

i doubt theyll carry them in stores just yet until demand calls for them, i mean not many people go in there to buy the high end stuff from my guess...

7. Next Tuesday macrumors 6502a

Next Tuesday

Thank you mark. Im a windows user thats looking to purchase my first Mac. Therefore i dont frequent Apple stores. Im just gathering info.

8. sickmacdoc macrumors 68020

sickmacdoc

As it says in the Payment section of the Apple Online store Payment and Pricing page, they do accept money orders (and have instructions for using them) so all is not lost. They are happy to get your money any way you want to get it to them!;)

9. Tomb01 macrumors 6502

Depends....

It may depend on the store. The Leawood, KS store had a couple of the 2.93 models in stock last week, though only the stock model out on display.....