Hey! The 3.06Ghz iMacs are all gone!!

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by warensn, Jul 9, 2008.

1. warensn macrumors member

I wanted to buy a refurbished 3.06Ghz iMac from the Apple store, and now they are all gone . Does anyone know how often they come back into stock?

2. warensn thread starter macrumors member

They had some yesterday. Should I just give it a couple days?

3. passingXstorm macrumors regular

whenever someones 3 GHz iMac breaks, then there will be another. :D

I'd give it a few days.

4. Scooterman1 macrumors 6502a

Scooterman1

Looking at Forums, that shouldn't take long.

5. warensn thread starter macrumors member

Does it have to be a broken one? Can't it be one that someone just returned? I wonder what the ratio is?

6. macworkerbee macrumors 6502

Stock is always moving around on the refurb page, chances are you will be able to buy one in the next few days, just keep your eyes open. Good luck.

7. PcBgone macrumors 6502

PcBgone

If buying a broken mac that has been refurbished bothers you, then why are you looking at refurbs?

8. warensn thread starter macrumors member

I guess it doesn't bother me. Apple obviously fixes and tests the broken returns. I guess it's more psychological. I would rather have an iMac return than an iMac repair.
    I guess it shouldn't make a difference since they are all covered by the same warantee, and there is an Apple store about 15 min from my house.

At this point, the question is should I buy a refirb from the Apple store, or a new one from an online retailer and avoid the taxes. The refirb would be a little cheaper, but in the same ball park.

9. techound1 macrumors 68000

techound1

With refurbs:
    1. You get the same one-year warranty as new
    2. It performs and looks like new
    3. The computer carries the same eligibility for Apple Care as new
    4. The computer has undergone two sets of rigorous quality control testing
    5. It comes in new packaging and includes all manuals and accessories - nothing is missing
    6. You get a savings several times that of any coupon or promo code ($150 on a low end; $750 on a high-end).

On point #6, that's up to 30% off (if I'm doing my maths correctly) - you must have a EU-style tax rate if that doesn't make a big diff for you :eek::).

10. Maclarny macrumors 6502

Maclarny

I've bought several Refurbished Apple Products - great deals - great quality. Plus, they occasionally will give you free upgrades (free ram, bigger HD, etc.). What's not to like :-D

11. Cheffy Dave macrumors 68020

Cheffy Dave

Sunny Florida, on the Gulf Coast in Homosassa Fl
    The way it works with the refurb store, if you see it, and want it jump, I've had refurbs disappear as I was logging in my credit card info, he who hesitates is lost

12. zackkmac macrumors 6502a

Apple updates their refurbished inventory every Wednesday...that's what one of their reps told me at least.

13. HLdan macrumors 603

HLdan

The title to this thread is misleading. I was under the impression that ALL of Apple inventory for the iMac 3.06Ghz was all gone, you didn't specify refurb in the title.
    At any rate refurb inventory does change daily but don't expect the 3.06Ghz model to appear constantly as it depends on what gets returned or fixed. Also check constantly because there are thousands of people buying from the refurb store and you might miss out, good luck.

14. techound1 macrumors 68000

techound1

Ouch!