Hey - Verizon NOOB here - I LOVE my new IPHONE 4-

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by silroc, Jun 24, 2010.

1. silroc macrumors 6502

silroc

Seems like the forum has been over-run by the normal issue threads. Totally legit (i started one myself) but in a way it is obscuring the reality that most happy campers are NOT online, and they are enjoying customizing and learning their phone.

Ii dont want the fact to be lost that i LOVE this phone, and probably close to a million others do as well......It works GREAT FOR ME so far, and it is miles ahead of my blackberry from verizon.

Yes, it aint perfect, (i do hatre the lack of message sound customization) but if it was perfect , then why continue ?

cheers

2. spyda macrumors 6502a

spyda

3. silroc thread starter macrumors 6502

silroc

lol

ok sorry there big guy...........

the point that i believe i have covered is that my iphone 4 pha-king rocks and that not ALL people hate their new phone because by the looks of this forum, we are in the middle of WWIII.

but maybe you can you give me an example of a thread with a point so i can get better.

4. Ferris23 macrumors 68020

I have been bitching like crazy about this signal issue, but I love my Iphone 4. I do miss my 3GS, never looked back with my 3G.

If I could somehow put the screen from the 4 on my 3GS I would be a happy man, though I would miss the design.

5. alecgold macrumors 6502a

alecgold

So it's just the signal issue that makes you want to have your 3GS back?
    Why not put the 3GS antena in your iPhone 4?

I'm blown away by the iPhone 4 reception. I used to ahve 3 bars and now have a full line, so it is doing something better. And of you're really that annoyed by the loss of reception, try a bit of simple tape... I know, I know, you didn't pay $300 for a phone with a piece of tape, but both 3G and wifi speeds have been much higher compared to my wife's 3GS and if that means I got to keep my finger of one specific point? No problem for me!

I have to say, the screen, the speed (coming from a 3G with iOS4), design and ohw, did I say SCREEN? darn this is a nice screen.

6. silroc thread starter macrumors 6502

silroc

my only complaint thus far is that i never realized how "locked down": the phone was

i mean i cannot even changce the sound for email or text messages to one of my own making................ but i guess i will have to jailbreak someday

7. Ferris23 macrumors 68020

I'm actually really happy with the bumper, but the techy in me just can't accept such an obvious design flaw without making a little noise. While it's not as bad with some either because some people are just less conductive or something with the build, it's just crazy all around IMO.

I'll work with the phone as there still is not cell phone I'd rather have. I've said it before, I have an overnight replacement on the way, hopefully it's a little better out of the bumper.