Hey

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by kawasakirider, Oct 15, 2010.

1. kawasakirider macrumors regular

Hey everyone, new here and to the iPhone. I got my iPhone 4 about a week ago and haven't used a computer to browse the net since. I love it!

I have a few questions, though. When hitting "search" on a forum, the search bar will come up sometimes (not always) and when I attempt to type, the box disappears. I zoom out to see if my view has changed and it hasn't. The box closes. This happens every time. Anyone know why or how to fix this?

Also, when typing a substantial sized post in a forum, I seem to get to the bottom of the text box and the view will skip to the top of the box and I can't see what I'm writing. Anyone know how to fix this?

Other than that, I love the phone. I have an Opt white snakeskin style cover for the phone, it is awesome. Anyone else have these cases? I wan to buy a black one, but on the day I got the phone black wasn't available and I didn't want to risk damaging it.

Any tips for someone new to apple products that I may have missed?

Thanks in advance

2. saving107 macrumors 603

saving107

try the mobile version of Macrumors on your phone to browse the front page and the forum, makes life much easier.

http://mobile.macrumors.com/
    http://forums.macrumors.com/wap/

the mobile version of MacRumors was just released about 2 weeks ago, but some iPhones are (for some reason) are not switching to the mobile version, so just follow the links.

3. kawasakirider thread starter macrumors regular

Thanks for the info. This isn't the forum I'm having trouble with, though.

A couple more questions:

My Bluetooth won't pick up anything and no one can find me. This is the same for my gf's 3G. We use the "bump" app to transfer files between us, but it's no good for people without iPhones with the app. Is this a common problem? It's not a huge deal, I'm just curious.

Secondly, my screen brightness is set to 100%. could this damage the pixels in my screen?

Thanks in advance

4. localboy28 macrumors 6502a

What software version are you on?
    4.1 solves the problem when writing big posts on forums and the txt zooms and disapears.

5. kawasakirider thread starter macrumors regular

When plugged into iTunes it says I'm up to date. 4.1

6. Dhelsdon macrumors 65816

Dhelsdon

Wirelessly posted (iPhone 4: Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_1 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/532.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0.5 Mobile/8B117 Safari/6531.22.7)

If your looking for a good app for file transfer between iPhones and computer get goodreader, it is also great for downloading to your phone.