Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

truz

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jan 1, 2006
Florida
So.. I purchased a canon hf100.. Been playing with it the last few days. I imported the clips from my camcorder to imovie but how do I export to a web format so I can have family watch the clips and also how would I go about burning a dvd in top quality and watching it on tv?

Thanks!

arjen92

macrumors 65816
Sep 9, 2008
Below sea level
First (before you import your media) you must go to preferences and make the right setting: export 1080i media to 1920x1080 (if you really want everything, but if you dont have enough space choose big, or something like that). Now import your movie, edit it and go to share,export movie. Make the right settings for the internet (you'll understand it, whenever it's compatible with youtube). Then for the 1080i you must export it through quicktime. Now this I never did, but i'm sure after using the help function and some searching on the internet, you'll figure out what the best settings are. Then burn them with iDVD. Remember to look at the settings before you begin importing. If you've got a blu-ray burner (an external one, from lg or lacie) you should use toast, it can burn with blu-ray. There you'll find better settings I believe.

truz

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jan 1, 2006
Florida
Thanks,
I seem to have it working now..

http://gallery.me.com/neumanc/100004

quality looks alright to you? I have not burned any dvd's yet. I was trying to do video playback using hdmi but I noticed the hdmi port on the camcorder is smaller then a standard hdmi cable.

mschneck

macrumors newbie
Oct 16, 2008
HF100 not working with imovie

I just received a HF100 as a gift from my dad and can not get it to work with imovie!!! I loaded the Digital video solution disk and it doesn't work. I'm wondering if my version is not compatible I have Mac OS X 10.5.5, can anyone help me??

CMD is me

macrumors 6502
Dec 7, 2006
My HF100 works great with iMovie 08. I didn't load any of the Canon software. PnP. Sorry I can't offer suggestions.

gpeden

macrumors regular
Nov 24, 2007
I just received a HF100 as a gift from my dad and can not get it to work with imovie!!! I loaded the Digital video solution disk and it doesn't work. I'm wondering if my version is not compatible I have Mac OS X 10.5.5, can anyone help me??

Hi there,

You don't really need the Canon software.

Intel Mac? AC brick powering camera? Both necessary....

I prefer to read the card in a card reader instead of bothering with powering up the camera.

Cheers!

Glen

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.