HFS Support in BC 3.1?

Discussion in 'Windows, Linux & Others on the Mac' started by akadmon, Jan 20, 2010.

1. akadmon macrumors 68010

Last fall the rumors had it that BC 3.1 would bring support for HFS, meaning one would be able to read/write to the Mac HDs from Windows running on BC. I see no mention of this feature in the official Apple release notes. Can someone check if HFS compatibility is there? It's something that should have been be built into BC right from version 1! Instead, we're still forced to pay $50 for MacDrive. I already owned MD (version 6,) but had to pay another $40 just to get Win7 compatibility (the scumbags at Mediafour forced me to buy two separate upgrades for each of my Win7 installations, after I made a mistake of not buying a multipack upgrade in the first place).

2. LtRammstein macrumors 6502a

LtRammstein

Weird... When I went to BC 3.0, I saw my Mac partition in Windows 7, read only, and it didn't identify a lot of files.

This would be a good thing to look into (I'll try when I get home from work).

To help you out, I'm using a program called HFSExplorer. It doesn't a pretty good job for transferring files, and it's free! However, it's a bit difficult to use so do some Google searches on it and see how to properly use it.

3. ryannazaretian macrumors 6502a

ryannazaretian

No write support...
    Capture.PNG

Read support still works. I don't know if the bug with .Xauthority is fixed or not though.

4. BeSweeet macrumors 68000

BeSweeet

BC has had read support for HFS since 3.0. The only way to get read and write is to install MacDrive (or maybe some other program like this).

5. akadmon thread starter macrumors 68010

There really is no good alternative to MacDrive (see below).

I have tried it, but without success. Each time I try to run it, I get an error message about some missing dll. Free as it may be, I'm not not gonna bother hunting down this stupid dll. Besides, I already have MD8 running fine. That said, the market is ripe for someone to write a less expensive alternative to MacDrive.

6. FrancoisC macrumors 6502

FrancoisC

Transmac is good also. Not free, but cheaper than macdrive. You can also try it for 15 days I thihk.