HG 10 Importing Problems

Discussion in 'Digital Video' started by syskomat, Jun 20, 2008.

1. syskomat macrumors newbie

syskomat

Okay, so here is the rundown:

I purchased the Canon HG 10 and I have a Mac OS X 10.5.3 and have been trying all day to get the videos from the camcorder to at least show up on my desktop or something, but they don't. :mad:

The USB cord is plugged into the HG and the computer, but when I switch the mode to "play" it will only allow pictures to be imported, never videos; even when I switch the action to video it says "connect the compact power adapter."

That is a problem. Our adapter has gone missing.
    So I'm curious, is there anyway to import my videos without the power adapter? :confused:

Help, please. :apple:

2. Upsidedown-A macrumors newbie

I have the same problem

I think I have the same problem, and judging by some of the other threads, others do too.
    I have a Ricoh Caplio R1 digital camera and using the software that comes with it I can download photos off the camera onto my mac (10.5.4) but not the videos on it (which the camera records as .AVI files).
    As well as the camera software, and iMovie, and iPhoto I've tried the image capture programme, but so far nothing seems to work. I'll keep trying and let people know if I ever sort it out.

3. Upsidedown-A macrumors newbie

solution of sorts

I've managed to get the videos off the camera.
    I had the imagecapture programme running and then connected the camera to the computer. My camera has a 'direct print' option (hold down a button on the camera after you connect it to, presumably usually a printer. On the Caplio R1 this button is labelled ADJ.). I used the direct print option and for some reason, imagecapture was able to take the videos off the camera.

Maybe something similar will work for your camera.

4. Courtaj macrumors 6502a

Courtaj

Copy all of the photos across to your Mac, delete all of the photos off your camera (using the camera's delete function) so that only the video clips remain, and try again.