Hhelp to sync iPhone with iTunes in Windows

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by McGiord, Oct 20, 2007.

1. McGiord, Oct 20, 2007
    Last edited: Jan 30, 2011

McGiord macrumors 601

McGiord

Unfortunately I have to deal with a Dell Laptop from work, and I need to get some photos out of my iPhone to this Windows Xp machine.
    I try to download iTunes for Windows from the apple website but the web is currenlty been updated and the download is not available.
    I normally sync my iPhone with my MacBook, but now I don't have it with me until a week.
    So I need to sync with this Dell laptop to be able to get the photos and a backup of my contacts plus update some podcasts.
    I am on a work related trip and will be away from my Mac for a while.
    Meanwhile apple fix the download link I will like to know from the experience of Windows Xp users that also sync their iPhones with a Mac.

My questions are:
    1-If I sync my iPhone with Windows iTunes what will happen with my current iPhone data: Songs, Videos, Podcast, Contacts, Mail, Bookmarks and Photos?
    2- Where are the photos sent from the iPhone, in my Mac they go to iPhoto...No clue in Windows...
    3- What special care should I have to avoid loosing my Songs, Videos, Mail and Network settings when syncing in Windows?

Many Thanks for you help and comments!
    ________
    Honda Domani specifications

2. Todthebod macrumors member

I can only help you possible with the photo aspect of your question. I get my photos from my iphone just by going to 'My computer' and selecting 'Removable disk'. Sort of like I plugged in a memory card. No Itunes and no syncing required.