HHI iPad GriponPad Rubberized Hard Case - Rubberized Black (Free Screen Protector)

Discussion in 'iPad Accessories' started by patp, Apr 20, 2010.

1. patp Guest

2. patp thread starter Guest

Could be my imagination but the writing style in all the ad descriptions and all of the reviews seem to be the same. All from a non native English speaker. This leaves me to suspect that the reviews may be self written by the staff?

The cases look good. But no idea if they are good. Have heard conflicting reports.

3. dojoman macrumors 65816

It looks like it. The guy that gave 5 stars all sound the same. They carry junk cases. Don't waste time and money and buy brand name.

4. patp thread starter Guest

after looking at all the reviews, they are all4 or 5 stars and look to be written all by the same guy. It's someone who has a good grasp of English, but leaves out commonly used words, like a broken kind of english.

getting a weird feeling about that site.

5. noah82 macrumors 6502a

noah82

6. dojoman macrumors 65816

I bought silicon case from them but returned it. Their customer service isn't so bad but the cases are not good.

7. Slingdude macrumors newbie

wow..so many negative things about this case here.
    Honestly, I have one and it's not that bad at all. The case fits pretty much perfectly.
    I bought all my iPad accessories at HHI, and I am pretty happy with them.

8. patp thread starter Guest

9. roland.g macrumors 603

roland.g

Join date April 2010. 5 or 6 posts to date, all of them about HHI products. Just saying is all.

10. stringbeanie macrumors 6502

I bought a few rubberized iphone cases for $6.99 from them and they are gorgeous. The quality is terrific and I saved a ton of money. Much cheaper and more available styles/designs.

The picture in the link is the case I bought for my iphone and it looks superb on my black iphone. I went ahead and ordered an ipad case made out of the same material. Solid company IMHO.

http://www.handhelditems.com/iphone-iphone-flexi-skin-case-smoke-wave-p-115116.html

The link below is the iPad case that I ordered. Sure beats the Belkin Grip Vue for $50 at Apple Store.

http://www.handhelditems.com/ipad-crystal-clear-polycarbonate-padshellor-case-clear-p-132382.html

11. patp thread starter Guest

12. Fanatik7 macrumors member

I have their silicon case and love it. Everything is aligned right and the right thickness to protect it from falls.

13. dojoman macrumors 65816

Wow! joining the forum just to shill HHI products. they must be desperate with massive cases returned.

14. patp thread starter Guest

This is looking suspicious. We have several people who just joined in April 2010 defending HHI. Interesting.

Anyways I may try out one of the cases. Price seems to be okay. Just worried whenever i see a website with too many positive reviews. It just does not feel legit. To the "supporters" of HHI you may want to try to be a little more discreet about it. At least have more than one person write all the reviews. And try adding a 2 or 3 star review. They can't all be 4 and 5 star.

I was less than impressed with a YouTube video showing the black rubberized case. It almost looks like they broke the Ipad when they installed the case and the video ended abruptly with the guy muttering what sounded like word that rhymes with tuck. :D:D:):D:D:D

15. Fanatik7 macrumors member

I like their silicon case and i don't work for them. You can actually see my case and screen protector here. http://forums.macrumors.com/showthread.php?t=902266

And to everyone that says what's up with all the newbies joining in April and supporting them what do you think when the iPad came out in APRIL!!!! :rolleyes: of course you will have a lot of new people here in this section.

16. onep macrumors newbie

Hey I just found this forum few days ago, never really needed to look into mac stuff or Apple stuff because I don't use them. BUT after i bought my iPad i just loved it!! anyways yeah I just had to post here because the case you were asking about, I bought them just last week haha. I had the exact same thought when I was purchasing it, but i decided to get it anyways because the price was too tempting.

So far the Case itself actually fits in quite well, I just had to bend the black case a bit before I put it on and I also went ahead and purchased a leather case for it so I can bring it to school without worrying the iPad being damaged. Either way I snapped a few screen shot with my stuff on my BB cellphone, hopefully this will help out a bit. =P

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

These two pictures are the part regarding the Bending part, I bent it a bit then the case fits pretty well afterward.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

yeah sorry for bad image quality I don't usually carry a Digital camera with me. And Fanatik has a point, I really wouldn't have know about this website if I didn't bought the iPad when it came out! But I'm glad I did. :D

17. Beau10 macrumors 6502a

And the iPad may be the first Apple product many buy. Considering it's relatively value priced it's going to attract people who like value priced accessories.

18. patp thread starter Guest

That is true. Of course we'll see new members when a new product is released. But that does not explain all of the user reviews on the site being all 4s and 5s and all appear to be written by the same guy.

The product may be great. What's leaving a bad taste inmy mouth is the reviews and the less than stealth "marketing" techniques.

If a product is great you shouldn't have to put up fake reviews to create a sense of comfort for the buyer.

Anywas I decided to try the black rubberized case for myself. Wiwll place order this weekend and report to you all when I receive it.
    Thanks