HHI TPU Case opinions?

Discussion in 'iPad Accessories' started by MicroByte, Apr 9, 2010.

1. MicroByte macrumors 6502

2. T4R06 macrumors 65816

this is good. the only thing that preventing me buying this is the hole in the center. im afraid of the dust penetrate inside

3. dojoman macrumors 65816

HHI carries quite a lot of cases with reasonable prices. I order silicon case but haven't got it yet. I'm not sure what's the quality, someone chime in if you have ANY cases from HHI.

4. T4R06 macrumors 65816

It's crap man.. I have one and it is dust magnet! And the fitting is loose on the bezel.

5. Slingdude macrumors newbie

6. Kalison macrumors member

A friend of mine just ordered his. He wanted it before he gets the 3G Pad. He said he wants to try it on mine and see what its like. I am sure he will let me try it out for a day or two. When it comes in I will post here!

7. DotCom2 macrumors 68040

I just received my HHI iPad TPU Thermoplastic Polyurethane Resin Skin Cover - Crystal Clear from them and I LOVE it!
    I was looking for one that was clear and also did have the cut out on the Apple logo because from what I understand, that is where the antenea is and also it would add a little spot to grip onto a little better. As far as dust, well that might be true but that is something you can always clean.
    As far as fit, it fits very well and TIGHT. The price was a lot cheaper than the similar MACALLY one I was going to get. As far as how long it will hold up only time will tell I guess but for now I am very happy with it and the price was right.

8. dojoman macrumors 65816

Yeah just got this case. It's pretty bad one, surface isn't so bad it's a little smooth but cutouts are not good. It covers the mic hole slightly and orientation lock switch is hard to reach with this case. Bottom section is a bit loose not a good fit case. It's going back to HHI.

9. bluehaze013 macrumors 6502

The silicone ones are really bad the device is to big for a case this stretchy so they fall off to easy. The TPU is much better. I didn't get the HHI I got the one from daydeal.com because the priority shipping was much cheaper but I think they are all the same. It fits pretty tight and stays on well looks nice. About only complaint I have is it makes the buttons a little harder to get to but that happens with any case so shouldn't really complain I guess. Holding the device is a million times better with the TPU case on it.

10. DotCom2 macrumors 68040

I totally agree.
    Silicone is not the way to go on this device.
    The Gel skins are much much better and much more stable.

11. jeffy777 macrumors 6502

I got a silicone skin from HHI and the thing stinks, literally. It smells like some kind of toxic chemical. I tried washing it several times with soapy water to no avail. I even put it in the washing machine and it still reeks :(