Hi, All a little help please? [Backup iPad to Mac mini]

Discussion in 'iPad Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by potjoe, Aug 25, 2014.

1. potjoe macrumors member

Hi All, can some one give me alittle help please?
    I have ipad air, ipod 5th gn plus mac min all Reg in my name with Apple /itunes and my wife as mini ipad But this is in her name,IS it possable to back up her ipad mini on My mac mini and if so How in nice easy terms please as i am a bit think and with out all my info going onto her mini ipad?. Thanks:rolleyes:

2. Night Spring macrumors G5

Night Spring

You can backup any iPad on any Mac (or Windows computer for that matter), without regard to who the devices are registered to. I often backup my friends' and co-workers' iPads on my computer when I'm updating or restoring their devices. The key to not getting your info mixed with theirs is not to push "sync." Just connect your wife's iPad, if any popups ask you if you want to sync it, say no. Then once it is connected, you should see a "backup" button in iTunes. Or maybe it was in the menu somewhere. Anyway, just backup, don't sync.

3. potjoe thread starter macrumors member

Thanks for info

Will try it and I can back it up ,will let u know when I have tryed it thanks.:rolleyes: