Hi! Can I have an MBP please? the 17"

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by mohammad, Feb 7, 2008.

1. mohammad macrumors member

mohammad

Hi everyone!

First time in the forum! glad to be here!

I've been a Windows user since 1994, and its been some time I've been thinking for a change.. I'm fully ready (logically and budget wise) to buy an MBP (17") and replace my 5 year old Fujitsu laptop!!

Now I know there is lotsa hipe out there for the new realease of MBP's, so I don't know what to do.. and BTW, I live in Iran so if they even come out I won't be able to get my hands on them very soon. I was planning to purchase my MBP from Dubai which I regulalry visit, so I might wait..

Well I'm so excited!

Cheers,
    Mohammad

2. leftfoot macrumors regular

leftfoot

3. brandonshough macrumors regular

brandonshough

Keep in mind, there will likely never be a day where this forum doesn't have speculation on the next big thing.

Evaluate your needs and buy.

Don't look back, and welcome to "the family".

4. sak77 macrumors newbie

Khushamdeed Aga....

Good choice on getting the 17. Just get it now, there will always be something better in 6 months.

5. peterjeter26 macrumors member

buy it on amazon free international shipping and you can get it right away when it comes out

6. noodle654 macrumors 68020

noodle654

I second that.

7. mohammad thread starter macrumors member

mohammad

Kheili mamnoon jenab ;). Well I'm still in the criss-cross section on making a descsion... I'm of to Dubai tomorrow .. so I might buy one.. dont know..

8. mohammad thread starter macrumors member

mohammad

Amazon with free international Shipping?? Cool? first time I hear that.. is it a reliable source? will they ship to Iran?.. that my first question.. and I believe it might be held in Iranian Customs which then they will apply crazy tax over it!!!

9. Consultant macrumors G5

Consultant

Amazon.com is one of the largest online retailers in the US / World. Didn't know they have international shipping... Anyone has a link to that info?

Well, call up some computer stores in Dubai and see how much it cost. I know the prices of computers and many electronics are very expensive in the middle east.

Search to see how much customs Iran charges for computer equipments.

See which is worth it.

10. russtic macrumors member

11. prism macrumors 6502a

Rubbish, whilst Amazon does ship certain items (books and DVDs) around the world, it is certainly NOT free and there are a number of countries where shipping is not permitted. Unless I am mistaken, Iran happens to be one of those countries where Amazon does NOT ship anything!

12. tremendous macrumors 6502

tremendous

i sincerely doubt someone in Iran would be able to get hold on an apple computer through Amazon.

13. bluedoggiant macrumors 68030

bluedoggiant

Al-hamduwala Mohammad

Insha'alla you will get your macbook pro, its an awesome machine, a very good desktop replace, but its quite large.

14. mohammad thread starter macrumors member

mohammad

Yeap! I concure. Due to the Export rules and Etc they will definitely not ship such units to Iran. Well My best luck is either to buy it from Iran or Dubai.

BTW, what should I get out of the Box? and what are the most important things which I should check on the unit when I'm buying one?

Cheers,
    Mohamad

15. mohammad thread starter macrumors member

mohammad

Thanks! yeap Insha'Allah I'll get one soon! Everyones telling me to get the 15" one.. but Im gonna use my machine for my music production and I need more space on the screen.. I might change my mind once I visualise it more.. dont know!!!!

16. bluedoggiant macrumors 68030

bluedoggiant

for music, definitely, the bigger screen will be a good investment, the 15 inch is a better buy for a laptop, and a pretty good desktop replacement, but as for a very good desktop replacement, sound production, and video production needs big screens, anything with a timeline to it will appreciate a nice big screen for seeing a lot of the time line. for your music, are you going to use garageband, logic express, or logic studio?

17. mohammad thread starter macrumors member

mohammad

Well I've been mainly working on my Synth for music production.. On my windows laptop I used Cubase, but I believe the best option on the Mac is going to be Logic? I have not seen or used it so far though? Is a good tool?

18. bluedoggiant macrumors 68030

bluedoggiant

Garageband, which comes with it is VERY good, i would say its the most pro app thats part of iLife, after Apple bummed down iMovie. Logic Express is a very good pro program if you want to take your music seriously. But if you are going pro, as in "pro", concerts and all, big star :p, then you would want logic studio, it comes with logic pro, better than logic express, and comes with a whole array of other apps.