Hi from Argentina

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by martin.piko, Aug 20, 2010.

1. martin.piko macrumors newbie

Hi guys, my name is Martin and Im from Argentina. My parents are going to Miami next month and I want to buy a Macbook pro but I have some questions

1)Are the prices in the web the final ones? If not wich is the tax that I should add?
    2) To get the HD antiglare, do I have to order it by web or they have stock in the retails stores?
    3) If have to buy it by web, can I send the mac to a store so my parents can pick it up or to the hotel were they are staying?
    4) To pay less taxes when they bring it here, can they make one bill for the notebook and another one for the HD antiglare plus the AppleCare Protection Plan?.

Thanks a lot for your help, I looked for an apple support mail to ask this question but I didnt find one

2. GoCubsGo macrumors Nehalem

GoCubsGo

1) you would add whatever your local taxes and VAT (if applicable) may be.
    2) Order it by web I believe but you may want to call your local store.
    3) No, your order has to be shipped to your home or business. I don't think I've heard of them doing in store delivery.
    4) No, I doubt Apple will accomodate this request.

Bye from NC.

3. HLdan macrumors 603

HLdan

Hi OP, please read the forum rules upon your registration on MR. The right forum titles are important so we know what help you need. A better title would be "Buying a Macbook Pro, living in Argentina". :)

4. martin.piko thread starter macrumors newbie

Great, thanks a lot :D

5. fcortese macrumors demi-god

fcortese

Greetings- I had an interesting time spent in Bahia Blanca and Buenos Aires in 1974, but that's another subject. Another option is to try calling the Apple Store directly and explain what you want, they may be able to give you some discounted prices.

6. rmbrown09 macrumors 6502a

rmbrown09

Is your child perhaps say... 35 years old?

7. fcortese macrumors demi-god

fcortese

Ha, good one! But nothing along those lines that I am aware of, but who knows. Now if we are talking about Brazil... Argentina in the 70s was not very US-friendly and I was trying to get back to the States for my brother's wedding.

8. TheBritishBloke macrumors 68030

TheBritishBloke

After import taxes, state sales taxes, all the extras you want, probably cheaper just to buy it in Argentina. Is there a reason you can't do that?

9. martin.piko thread starter macrumors newbie

In Argentina the macbook pro i7 with antiglare, HighDef and 7200rpm disk is $4055

10. fcortese macrumors demi-god

fcortese

Ouch!! I can see why you want to get one in the states. I do not know the customs laws of Argentina. If you buy a product here in the states do you have to declare it when you return home and therefore pay some sort of custom duty? We here in the US have to do that but only on items totaling a certain amount. It seems that at those prices, I'd try to get one here, just like you have been doing. If you buy it from an apple store you pay a sales tax (state or sometimes local tax added on). I don't know the state sales tax in Florida, but if there is no custom duty to worry about, then buying a MBP directly from the apple store may be the way to go.

11. martin.piko thread starter macrumors newbie

LOL, things are really expensive here :D

But if I buy a mac in a store I guess they wont have the i7 with antiglare High definition because in the web page the retail one is the glossy with less resolution

Also I wanted to know with SSD drive you recomend me, because I see that many have problems with the OCZ Vortex 2 but its faster than the intel x25

12. fcortese macrumors demi-god

fcortese

With regards to the antiglare HR screen at apple stores, you may want to look up the apple retail stores in the Miami area and call them directly to see if they have any antiglare HRs in stock and get ne reserved with a down payment. Just a thought. I can't help you on the SSDs, I just bought an i7 with the 7200 rpm ATA HD (it's on a plane somewhere between China and the US). Hopefully, someone with SSD experience will chime in.