Hi guys!! First time Ipod Owner here =) Please help me!

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by rogelio1017, Jul 31, 2009.

1. rogelio1017 macrumors member

I just bought my first Ipod today I'm so excited but have no idea where to start! I have the 8gb 2nd gen Ipod Touch. I haven't even took it out of the box yet. I been roaming these boards for about a week now and i went ahead and purchased an ipod. Im wondering what the best case and screen protector is for my ipod? I want to keep it scratch free! i wont even take it out until i have something to protect it with. Also what does jailbreaking do to my ipod? and should i do it and is it safe? Also what are some of the must have apps to put on my phone?? Thank you guys so much for any help you provide. I'm a damn virgin to the ipod world :(

also the new software that the iphone has the 3g s is that something that is on my ipod or can be added to my ipod?

2. jmann macrumors 604

jmann

bump on a log in a hole in the bottom of the sea
    I would get a case to protect the back of the phone, and an Invisible Shield for the front screen (I don't think the IS is necessary though). Jailbreaking can be useful and fun, but you do it at your own risk, and I wouldn't do it unless you can be resourceful in finding answers if you run into problems. Good luck with your new iPod. :)

3. Mexbearpig macrumors 65816

Mexbearpig

First of all congratulations!

1)Zagg invisible shield is the best. It doesnt even feel like its on.
    2)Jailbreaking...Im not sure exactly what it is, but it allows you to have access to your system. This allows to change up the UI of your phone and much more. Google it and you will get a better definition
    3)As to if its safe, ehh, it voids your warranty but you can just restore it before you bring it in. Its your choice. Once you look up jailbreaking, you can decide
    4)As for apps, just go to the app store and go to featured and top sold. It will give you a good idea of what you need. My favorite apps are FML Pro, Myspace and uhhh a lot of games.(X-Planes, not realy a game but sometimes kills time,Bloons, shift, zombieville, and crazy machines: These are all paid. But there are lots of free ones)
    Oh and since im only 14, showtimes, Its for movie times.

Once again, Congrats!

4. rogelio1017 thread starter macrumors member