Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

igmolinav

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Aug 15, 2005
Hi,

I want to add three external e-mail accounts to my MobileMe mail. However, I get the following message everytime:

The mail server for your external POP account cannot be reached. Make sure the incoming mail server is correct in the Other tab of Mail Preferences.

For hotmail I type:
mail.live.com

For gmail I type:
mail.google.com

For yahoo mail Germany:
de.mail.yahoo.com/

OR

login.yahoo.com/config/mail?&.src=ym&.intl=de

What can I do ??

I want to manage my e-mail accounts from mobile me. I saw another thread where it was suggested to have the e-mails forwarded to one's account of choice. The problem with this is, that it deletes the messages from the original server.

Thank you very much in advance for all your help : ) !!!

Kind regards,

igmolinav.

igmolinav

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Aug 15, 2005
Hi Ignatius,

It didn't work. I wonder why, because if it works with you, it should work with me as well.

Kind regards,

igmolinav

d21mike

macrumors 68040
Jul 11, 2007
Torrance, CA
I saw another thread where it was suggested to have the e-mails forwarded to one's account of choice. The problem with this is, that it deletes the messages from the original server.

This is normally not the case. You normally have an option to leave a copy on the original server. I believe that you should always FORWARD the email instead of have MobileMe "Poll" for new mail every 15 min or so.

d21mike

macrumors 68040
Jul 11, 2007
Torrance, CA
Hi Ignatius,

It didn't work. I wonder why, because if it works with you, it should work with me as well.

Kind regards,

igmolinav

1. See my other post about FORWARDING EMAIL. My recommendation.

2. If you are not in the US then maybe the POP Address might be different.

3. Is GMAIL setup for POP or IMAP. If IMAP maybe that is the problem.

Again, I recommend you setup your other EMAILS to FORWARD to MobileMe. Not PULL from MobileMe.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.