hi i have a question

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by javier36963, Jul 14, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. javier36963 macrumors newbie

me and my family dont have a social security so a friend of my mom that does is gonna get the phone for us, the question is , is there a way that instead of at&t charging my mom friend for the montly bill, my mom can give her credit card so they can charge my mom? thanks

2. The General macrumors 601

Why don't you have a social security number.

3. javier36963 thread starter macrumors newbie

4. The General macrumors 601

Then go back to where you are from and get an iPhone there. Or become a citizen legally and get a social security number.

Problem solved. :rolleyes:

5. javier36963 thread starter macrumors newbie

6. dukebound85 macrumors P6

dukebound85

then become a citizen the legal way:cool:

7. vanmacguy macrumors 6502a

Ouch dude!

To the OP. Sorry I can't help you. I'm from Canada and don't have an iPhone yet.

Sorry for the rudeness of some posters here.

8. nickspohn macrumors 68040

nickspohn

Then become a citizen.

And to the person above me, we aren't being rude.

9. touchyphone macrumors regular

Well welcome, we love our visitors too! But if you do love America so much, you shoul dbecome a proper citizen. It opens the door to much more also, the job market opens up more for you to with a SSN....

But welcome, glad you're here, but become a Legal citizen. Then get an iPhone. And we arent being rude, illegal aliens cost us legal americans lots in tax dollars.

10. dsyntax macrumors member

Rudeness

People aren't being outwardly rude to the OP, but I think it's uncool to take his question in a completely unrelated direction. This isn't the place for debating immigration policies, he simply wanted an answer to his question regarding the iPhone.

Alas, I'm not sure of the answer, so I unfortunately can't provide it.

And let's not make blanket statements like 'illegal aliens cost us legal americans lots in tax dollars' without evidence. I don't have the studies in front of me, but every labor economics class I took seemed to conclude that illegal immigrants generally had net positive effects on local economies, or at least that the issue was very much still up for debate.

11. svndmvn Guest

so..I spent a couple of summers in the US
    I have a SSN without being an american citizen, do you people think it's that easy to become a US citizen..did the OP actually say he was staying illegally in the US? didn't he say he would like his Mom to pay for the fees with her credit card? since when do illegal Aliens pay stuff with credit? believe me, it's easier to have a SSN than have credit from american banks
    i'm just saying my opinion though, not saying anyone is wrong

12. javier36963 thread starter macrumors newbie

to the last 2 post thanks :) i never said i was inllegal here and wat does that have to do with the question i ask?? people are so immature

13. svndmvn Guest

i don't know the answer but i'm afraid it's quite hard to pay with someone else's credit card, while for the monthly charges I don't think paying with a different one is allowed, they usually need to control what you do and know who the buyer is.
    i'd just ask in an AT&T store and if they say no,if getting an SSN is impossible I'd give the person lending the SSN the cash or credit monthly or once in a while,some at the time,it's a lot in 2 years

14. touchyphone macrumors regular

So how come when we said becom elegal, you said "naw". So then are you on Visa, exactly what are you on ,because you can get an iPhone in a certain situation, our immigrant workers have found work arounds where I work....

15. dukebound85 macrumors P6

dukebound85

you sure implied it

or did you get some credit cards and might be stealing someones identity? last i checked, you need a ssn to get a credit card in the us and if you have a credit card but no ssn, sounds like a potential identity issue

16. Blue Velvet Moderator emeritus

This thread is closed. I apologise for the rudeness of some of our forum members; some of them should know better.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.