Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

JeanetteRouw.

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jan 30, 2010
Hi, im new here.. im Jeanette. Im looking for a new computer and a apple ibook clamshell is what ive been looking at for awhile. But im confused on the internet part. If its not wified. What can i buy to make it that way or put an ethernet cord in to get it to work with the internet? Does the airport card thing that some of them come with work with an ethernet cord? Can i buy a USB wireless adapter from walmart and just use it that way?

Im sorry if i confused you but no one i know has had an apple ibook yet and no one knows my answer. Please let me know as soon as possible if you can.

Thank you,
Jeanette.

DoFoT9

macrumors P6
Jun 11, 2007
London, United Kingdom
hello welcome to macrumors!

the ibook will come with an ethernet port. you can plug an ethernet cable from your modem directly into the ibooks ethernet port and you will have internet! :)

if you prefer a wireless connection, you will need to purchase a wifi adaptor for your ibook. apple has their own which can be installed internally into the machine - or as you already said you can purchase an external USB dongle. be careful with these dongles as they arent all guaranteed to work.

any further questions, just ask :)

JeanetteRouw.

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jan 30, 2010
Thank you both for the quick response, im just wondering about it all right now. I like the clamshells, so as long as it'll get me on the internet im fine with it. But for now im just looking around. Thank you though:)

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.