Hi I need a tutorial on Compressor 3 to YouTube!

Discussion in 'Digital Video' started by coocooforcocoap, Nov 18, 2007.

1. coocooforcocoap macrumors regular

coocooforcocoap

Hi all, I am a new convert from PC and Adobe video making to Apple FCP2 studio, and I am trying to get my work onto youtube. I used to use CanopusProcoder2, which seems to me to take the place of Compressor in the AppleWorld. Procoder was really straightforward in my mind, so when I go into Compressor my brain is all twisted. What to do? I did manage to take my 700meg .mov music video and transcode to h.264 for podcast, which created a great-looking 23mb .m4v file at half-size, but is this what I should upload to youtube? I am also not sure I can recreate the steps I took to get this first one done (I have a bunch). I was just dragging and clicking on intuition. Maybe it's that simple, dunno. I tried the manual, but sheesh, no way can i parse that. Well, thanks!!!!

2. bigbossbmb macrumors 68000

bigbossbmb

just use one of the presets for exporting to an iPod. that'll be fine for youtube.

3. coocooforcocoap thread starter macrumors regular

coocooforcocoap

well, i guess it's that easy now. any tips on getting the vid to utube, the native interface is way too slow in this country and keeps timing out... thx

4. northernmunky macrumors 6502a

northernmunky

Theres lots of free podcast tutorials on Final Cut Studio, search for:

'MacBreak' > ep 89 and 92 are Compressor tutorials (also lots on FCP and Motion)

'Final Cut Help - Absolute Training for Final Cut Studio' > lots of FCP tutorials inc one called 'Video Compression Settings' - explains in depth compressor.

These are all free. :p

Any iPod compressed H.264 will be fine for Youtube, you can adjust the bitrate to make the file smaller, and reduce the resolution manually to something closer to what youtube will drop it down to anyway. Personally I think 640x480 is too big and 320x180 is too small so I normally go with 490x270 for Web downloads but you can choose whatever suits your requirements.