HI i need help about purchasing a new iMac plz

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by javier36963, Aug 4, 2008.

1. javier36963 macrumors newbie

hi i have been a pc user for ever but now i think is time for me to move to mac cause i really like it like i love my iphone and i no i would love this, anywho i have never own a mac and dont no that much about them , i no theres a few different model of mac computers , i want to purchase the iMac thats 20 in with glossy screen for 1199 thats the one i want, the thing im wondering wats the difference between the 1199 new one that came out and in front of the box it shows the imac with a purple background, and the one that came out last year that shows blue in the background? wats the difference besides the box of course? thanks and sorry if im asking something stupid lol

2. jroller macrumors regular

The image implies what version of the operating system is installed (like windows would have windows 95 or 98 or ME, or XP, etc..). Apple's code name for its operating system, for some reason, is based on large cats. The latest version of the OS is Leopard (purple default desktop). The previous one was Tiger.

I recommend strongly that you get Leopard (version 10.5).

BTW, not a silly question.

3. jaikob macrumors 6502

jaikob

Oh my, You Instant Message a lot don't you?

BTW, The imac is a wise choice :)

4. javier36963 thread starter macrumors newbie

k ill take that on consideration, do u guys no where they sell them the cheapest? i dont wanna pay that much, idc if is refurbished or used thanks

5. robo456 macrumors 6502

robo456

my bff jill said the apple refurb store usually has some good deals.

--rob