Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

svetliimet

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jul 16, 2013
UDID isn't activated for iOS 7.I had to reset and now I can not activate iOS.Text:This iPhone is currently linked to an Apple ID (d*****@gmail.com). Sign in with the Apple ID that was used to set up this iPhone.But this is not my ID.

batting1000

macrumors 604
Sep 4, 2011
Florida
Either go into DFU mode and restore or download the iOS 6.1.4 ipsw and shift + restore to it. You shouldn't be running the beta if you aren't a developer or at least don't know what you're doing.

mavis

macrumors 601
Jul 30, 2007
Tokyo, Japan
Going back to iOS6 doesn't remove the activation lock, AFAIK - I just did it on my iPad and wasn't able to activate in iTunes until I entered my password.

I would suggest emailing that person and explaining the situation.

batting1000

macrumors 604
Sep 4, 2011
Florida
Going back to iOS6 doesn't remove the activation lock, AFAIK - I just did it on my iPad and wasn't able to activate in iTunes until I entered my password.

I would suggest emailing that person and explaining the situation.

It's his own email, why would it be someone else's? The feature isn't present in iOS 6 so you should be able to set up the device without an issue once it's restored.

mavis

macrumors 601
Jul 30, 2007
Tokyo, Japan
It's his own email, why would it be someone else's? The feature isn't present in iOS 6 so you should be able to set up the device without an issue once it's restored.

The OP said "But this is not my ID," which I took to mean it was not his email address. :confused:

Also, I just downgraded an iPad from iOS7b3 to 6.1.3 two days ago, and was unable to set it up until I had entered the correct AppleID + password due to the activation lock function having been activated while on iOS7. So no, downgrading to iOS6 does not remove the activation lock.

batting1000

macrumors 604
Sep 4, 2011
Florida
The OP said "But this is not my ID," which I took to mean it was not his email address. :confused:

Sorry, didn't see that. :eek:

Also, I just downgraded an iPad from iOS7b3 to 6.1.3 two days ago, and was unable to set it up until I had entered the correct AppleID + password due to the activation lock function having been activated while on iOS7. So no, downgrading to iOS6 does not remove the activation lock.

Weird. So what did you do?

mavis

macrumors 601
Jul 30, 2007
Tokyo, Japan
Weird. So what did you do?
I just typed in my password and it worked fine ;)

I suspect we're going to be seeing a lot of these threads in the months and years to come; I hate to assume the worst, but I'll bet that the vast majority of them will be due to theft (including people buying stolen iDevices off Craigslist or wherever) rather than simple user error ... :(

batting1000

macrumors 604
Sep 4, 2011
Florida
I just typed in my password and it worked fine ;)

I suspect we're going to be seeing a lot of these threads in the months and years to come; I hate to assume the worst, but I'll bet that the vast majority of them will be due to theft (including people buying stolen iDevices off Craigslist or wherever) rather than simple user error ... :(

I figured but wasn't sure because I read that some people couldn't even log into their own accounts.

C DM

macrumors Sandy Bridge
Oct 17, 2011
Perhaps your phone has some media (music, videos, etc.) that was originally obtained through or associated with another Apple ID and that might be behind it. You could perhaps try doing a clean install without any backup or having anything on the phone to see if that might result in something different.

svetliimet

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jul 16, 2013
Have you tried contacting the person to whom that AppleID belongs and seeing what they say? That would seem to be the next logical step if everything else has failed.

Hi,I see only d*****@gmail.com .I can't contact this person.

silverblack

macrumors 68030
Nov 27, 2007
Who's iPhone is this? Did you just buy it from someone? You need that person to unlock it with the Apple ID last used.

This activation lock is supposed to combat thief, and that means there is no solution (yet) to by pass this lock. You are stuck with a brick for now.

svetliimet

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jul 16, 2013
So this isn't your iPhone originally?

I disabled activation lock now just to be sure that in case Apple messes up...

The iPhone is mine. The iOS7 that I installed did not have UDID account. It was downloaded from an online forum. Is there a way It can be activated the way it is with this registration?
If not can I register as a developer and get my own UDID account in order to activate the phone?

mavis

macrumors 601
Jul 30, 2007
Tokyo, Japan
The iPhone is mine. The iOS7 that I installed did not have UDID account. It was downloaded from an online forum. Is there a way It can be activated the way it is with this registration?
If not can I register as a developer and get my own UDID account in order to activate the phone?

Adding your UDID to a developer account won't help you to bypass the security lockout. Your only option is to contact Apple; if they're unwilling to help you due to it being an unsupported version of iOS, you'll have to wait for iOS 7 to be publicly released before getting their help.

Gogol

macrumors member
Jan 1, 2013
The Netherlands
Adding your UDID to a developer account won't help you to bypass the security lockout. Your only option is to contact Apple; if they're unwilling to help you due to it being an unsupported version of iOS, you'll have to wait for iOS 7 to be publicly released before getting their help.
He doesn't "own" his iPhone any more.

The first way I can imagine is going to the forum where the iOS was downloaded and try to trace d*****@gmail.com.
The second way is that TS has to prove to Apple that he is rightful owner of the iPhone and he has a lot to explain.

svetliimet

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jul 16, 2013

So there's nothing I can do at this time. :(
Thanks a lot for your help anyway!

bpp85

macrumors regular
Mar 16, 2013
Europe
UDID isn't activated for iOS 7.I had to reset and now I can not activate iOS.Text:This iPhone is currently linked to an Apple ID (d*****@gmail.com). Sign in with the Apple ID that was used to set up this iPhone.But this is not my ID.

Did you update or restore your iPhone to ios 7?

I downgraded my iPhone from ios7b3 to 6.1.4 and i didn't have to enter my Apple ID :confused:

fortheus

macrumors 6502
Jul 11, 2012
How did you get the iPhone?

If you don't know that apple id, most likely you get it from someone you don't know and that could be stolen iphone.

great thing with iOS 7 activation lock is, the old user must sign off the find my iphone before reset so it can be activated by anyone

iOS 7 is still beta, so I believe the owner is testing iOS 7 (developer or not) and then it change ownership to you without knowing the consequences (both old and new owner).

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.