hi Is Apple going To Make Right Click Options Larger?

Discussion in 'macOS' started by Left4DeadBoy, Dec 29, 2016.

1. Left4DeadBoy macrumors regular

Left4DeadBoy

hi When I duplicate a text file; which I do almost everyday because I write fanfictions in those text files and then upload them to fanfiction readers; I have to select that option which is duplicate . When I do that I often click on the option other than duplicate which is make alias so I feel bad after . I feel like the words should be in a large font so its you know easy to click the actual option I have to be able to select whenever I right click . Because Mac doesnt allow me to create a new text file; not obviou-sly; I have to duplicate them all even though I can create new folders .

2. keysofanxiety macrumors 604

keysofanxiety

Select the file, CMD+C, CMD+V. Much quicker & more accurate than messing around with the right-click menu.

3. MacGizmo macrumors 6502a

MacGizmo

Another option is to simply hold the Option key down while dragging a file/folder to duplicate it. It's quicker if you're working on the Desktop or want the duplicated file in the same folder.

However, if you want the newly duplicated file to be located anywhere else, then keysofanxiety's advice of Command+C and Command+V is a much better option (and probably easier to remember for the average user).

4. chown33 macrumors 604

A. Select the file. Command-D (see the Duplicate menu item in Finder's File menu)

B. Use an existing text file as stationery.
    When you open stationery, you get a new copy of the file, with all the settings copied from the stationery file. You then Save it anywhere you want.
    https://support.apple.com/kb/PH22181?viewlocale=en_US&locale=en_US

If you need to change the settings in the stationery file, you can uncheck its Stationery checkbox. edit it, save it, then check Stationery again.

5. bcave098 macrumors 6502

bcave098

Probably not, but no one here knows the answer.