Hi, my name is ____, and I'm an iPhone accessories addict

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by dauerhippo, Oct 12, 2008.

1. dauerhippo macrumors regular

I used to wake up on Sunday mornings, make a pot of coffee and read the New York Times online. Now, I wake up, make a pot of coffee and log into a bunch of forums to check if there are any cool new cases/skins out there, and I usually end up ordering something by Sunday night that i am SURE will be the ONE case that I will use forever and ever.

Anyone else experiencing this?

2. Bobioden macrumors 68000

Bobioden

An easy way to stop this addiction is to buy a Vaja case. End of addiction. Please send $200 to my paypal account.

3. BLACK MAC macrumors 6502

I would like to have lots of accessories, but I can't afford to keep up with all of the new stuff out there.

4. EliteKiller macrumors member

I almost purchased the Blackn'Orange LE on Friday when it was in stock, but I don't know if I can deal with the "flap" every time I need to use the phone.

5. dauerhippo thread starter macrumors regular

Is the 200$ your "therapy" fee? I thought Iphone accessory anonymous was supposed to be free? Damn!

6. Bobioden macrumors 68000

Bobioden

It is, but you have to pay the initial set-up costs.

7. Bobioden macrumors 68000

Bobioden

I thought that would be a problem as well, but was amazed at how easy it is to get used to. The feel, fit, and protection the case gives is well worth the extra second it takes to open the case.

8. richxps macrumors 65816

richxps

ha I have the same issue but for some reason I keep on going back to full body skin

9. Heimlich macrumors member

Haha Im an addict but Im a good addict I guess. I do the same thing you do and my favorite forum section is the iphone accessories section. I also watch reviews on youtube. I've seen so many cases but I only bought one which is the Neo. So many good cases out there I want but for now I'll stick to this until I find like... "THE iPHONE CASE by APPLE". Then that would be a must have haha.

lol the case is so expensive that you become depressed and not have enough money to buy another case. It is a good way to end the addiction.

10. dannyar macrumors 6502

Buy a seidio innocase II with holster. End thread.

11. Bobioden macrumors 68000

Bobioden

I guess it all depends. The OP states he reads the reviews and orders one on Sunday night. So just how many has he bought? The cost of the LE Vaja case was $80. It will be the only case I will buy. So I have a total of $80 into my cases. I don't know how many people on the "How many cases do you own", that are saying, 5 or 6 or more. Average $25 a case. They are well over the cost of a Vaja. 2 Switheasy Rebels is $50. Someone stated he had 4 Switheasy Colors with 3 more on the way, Cost $105. HOW many cases end up in a drawer never to be used again? For me, justifying the cost of the Vaja was not a hard decision at all.

12. Ferris23 macrumors 68020

+1

13. EliteKiller macrumors member

That would be me. :D I share the cases w/ my fiancee (she has her own 3G) and she digs all of the fancy SwitchEasy colors. I also have a black Neo, Marware CEO (for when I go naked), and I'm still considering a black Rebel to go with the Revo Clips that I just received.

14. abijnk macrumors 68040

abijnk

Hi, my name is Abigail, and I'm an iPhone accessories addict.

It all began when his corner got dented. I felt like I could never look at him again. To touch his skin was to remember the pain I felt when my grip betrayed me. That's when I turned to "the case."

I thought it would be a simple affair. A one time fling, and then the lust I felt for new skin would be over. But it just made his violated body feel less like the one I fell in love with, and my lust grew stronger.

Over the course of a year I violated our relationship with many a different case. Cheap plastic one-night stands, the occasional clear stallion, and once, the full monty with a leather clad chippendale (his name was Vaja, and his touch I will not soon forget).

After that year, my lover was fed up with me and my lust for the case. I awoke one morning to see him walking out the door, a ticket to Germany in his hand, his heart unlocked from mine forever. I thought I would never recover.

Then the day came that I would find a new love. It was July 11th, and as I stood in the cold at 4am I knew not the journey before me, but could sense the excitement in the air, through the stench of unwashed nerds and the occasional heavily perfumed nerd-ette. When the time came for me to meet my new love, his stark white skin immediately drew me in. But alas, his smooth body could not keep me from the case.

It was after we met that I reached my lowest point. I moved into a new and dangerous territory known, not as "the case," but "the skin." The skin was intoxicating. I could still see the stark white which I had fallen in love with from the beginning, and could still feel his delicious curves while satisfying my lust. In the end, however, the skin proved itself to be too much for me, and I was too weak to handle its complexities. Thus I returned to the case.

My new love is more tolerant of my lust, but I know he yearns for that final solution. And so, these days I can often be found seeking the one who will satisfy my needs and still allow me to be close to the one I hold so dear. I recall my best experience with the case from the past year, the one they call Vaja, and feel, perhaps, that he alone can satisfy me.

That is why I have come here today. To seek support as I try to end my addiction to the case, and for advice in my journey for a final solution to the problem.

Thank you for listening. It helps.

P.S. Bobioden, can I pay you next session?

15. BrokenE macrumors regular

Hmmm, you say your name is Abigail. Is that an alias for Danielle Steel??? ;)

I'm not an addict. I simply can't seem to find the perfect case and screen combination and I will not stop looking on this forum and youtube's OmarC Carlos Morpheus for opinions.

16. dauerhippo thread starter macrumors regular

Wow, your 1 post made this whole thread worthwhile! Thank you.

17. ntrigue macrumors 68040

ntrigue

18. Heimlich macrumors member

Haha, BrokenE, I'd have to disagree. Unlike other people that just buy one case and thats it, addicts search for the perfect case and watch reviews. We're all searching for the "perfect" case.

So.. welcome to the club. lol

19. abijnk macrumors 68040

abijnk

I'd like to thank the academy...

20. deriko100 macrumors 6502

Just dont buy accessories for your iPhone you probably spent more on the stuff then on the iphone LOL, all you need is a case, car charger, and maybe a portfolio not much to order something know every day.

21. Bobioden macrumors 68000

Bobioden

Excellent post. Loved the story. A "Phonie" is on the way.

P.S. Yes, next week will be fine.

(Phonie - Gold statue with a 3G phone on top)

22. selena12321, Oct 16, 2008
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 4, 2014

selena12321 macrumors member

Whenever we need any accessories we will visit relevant place.

23. uicandrew macrumors 6502a

i actually choose accessories based on reviews and utility. i mean, it seems like any country with a factory in china is pushing a product that costs $20-30 but costs 20 cents in material and sadly, 2 cents in labor.

besides, especially with accessories that connect to the iphone via the dock connector, shoddy workmanship might harm the iphone.

my only accessories have been

1. the official dock (since it doesn't come with the 3g, it counts :) ) and the key thing with this vs generic docks is that the connector on the dock has smooth plastic railings there's no "latches" to keep the iphone in place. it just slides right on/off.

2. bodyguardz protector, except the edges are starting to peel off a bit already

3. marware CEO premiere hip holster for the original iphone. why pay FULL price for a new model when the old model works perfectly well, and you also have a magnetic latch instead of the noisy velcro. (if you want the magnetic latch on the 3G version, you HAVE to pay full retail directly to marware)

4. griffin PowerJolt SE car charger - a long time mac supporting company who actually paid for the iphone badge. getting the SE (special edition) ensures that i get the fixed version, instead of the one that overheats. but the cord is a bit too short (the elastic recoil is pretty strong in the cord)

5. soon-to-be Griffin Clarifi. A slider case with a macro lens. dockability AND utility. Not just another generic knockoff design. REAL innovation.

just my 2 cents (or based on the length of my post, 6 cents)

24. dauerhippo thread starter macrumors regular

You know how they make those drugs for alcoholics or smokers, where if they drink or smoke while taking the medication, they get violently ill? This is supposed to make them not want to drink or smoke anymore.

I think I've inadvertantly done that to myself with this iPhone case addiction. I put a BSE on, and I LOVE it, but it just really doesn't damn fit with most cases! It's killing me inside, but now I can't imagine living without my BSE. They're so cheap I ordered 4 more of them, just in case something happens to the one I have on!

So, if you feel like you're in over your head, that's my suggestion. I'll keep you guys posted if I relapse, and pull it off for the temporary fix that is the feel of a slider, or an Agent 18, or a Flick - oh how I loved my Flick....

25. lasteve macrumors member

This man needs serious help :D