hi need help after migration to new mbp

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by josh bear, Jul 31, 2010.

1. josh bear macrumors regular

Dear All,

Been setting up my new mbp pro today decided i would use the migration assistant. never used it before. So connected the mbp to my macpro and set it off.

Looks like all is fine, lightroom, iwork, email etc etc all work a dream on the mbp.

There are some issues though. itunes opens, i see my playlists on the left and then it closes with an error message saying it has closed. Could the problem be that itunes is looking for the music files which are actually on an external Hd connected to the Macpro due to the size? Imovie behaves the same way, again I am storing movies on an external drive

If so how do i stop the crash? I don't want all my music on the mbp anyway. Have tried a reinstall of itunes but still the same problem.

Thanks

Josh

2. spinnerlys Guest

spinnerlys

Open iTune by additionally holding down the OPTION/ALT key. You will then be asked to choose a library or create a new one, thus you can create a new one.

You can also delete the iTunes folder in Macintosh HD / Users / YOU / Music / if you want. iTunes will create a new one upon re-starting iTunes.