Hi Need help, got a macbook pro with windows 7 installed want to uninstall

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by lilyminx, Nov 23, 2009.

1. lilyminx macrumors newbie

Hi I've got a macbook pro laptop and i installed windows7 on it. I want to uninstall windows 7 and install MAC OS X LEOPARD, can anyone help me.
    I'm a newbie with MACS. When i instert the mac os disk it does not boot up and when i press the control button it says my only choice is WINDOWS 7. When i insert the disk when i have windows 7 on it only installs bootcamp, also i can't get the sound to work in windows 7 that's why i want to change it to mac os x leopard. can anyone give me some advice.

Much appreciated! :)

2. MasterDev macrumors 65816

Put the disk in, and after you hit the power button, hold down the option key. Then select the disk.

3. iLog.Genius macrumors 601

iLog.Genius

I don't remember the CONTROL key to do anything. For booting you would either hold down the "C" key to boot off the SuperDrive or "OPTION" key for your boot options.

4. lilyminx thread starter macrumors newbie

Opps sorry

Opps sorry thats right its the Options key that lets me choose which operating system to start up but it only has one option which is windows 7.

5. lilyminx thread starter macrumors newbie

I tried the bootting up and pressing the "option" key but it says "BOOTMGR" is missing, press Ctrl + Alt+ Del to restart

6. MasterDev macrumors 65816

Before the mac screen turns black, you need to hold the option key. Once you hear that chime, hold the option key.

7. iLog.Genius macrumors 601

iLog.Genius

To be clear, you only have Windows 7 currently installed and you want to delete that and just have Leopard on it? If so, insert the Leopard install disc then press and hold the "C" key after you press the power button.

8. lilyminx thread starter macrumors newbie

Hi yes i want to uninstall windows7 and install mac os x leopard only. :apple::confused:
    and yes i only have windows 7 installed. how do I uninstalled it and format the hdd in mac?

9. lilyminx thread starter macrumors newbie

yes i have tried when booting up with the mac os disk in the drive and pressing the "C" key but it just gives me a blank white screen, i've heared it takes a few minutes but after half an hour it was still blank white screen for me.
    how to i format the whole hard drive to mac format not windows7 FAT32/NTFS.

10. macrem macrumors 65816

macrem

It's used, for example, in Terminal for standard UNIX commands.

11. macrem macrumors 65816

macrem

It should take < a min. Also be sure you're using the OS X cd as there can be other cds that came with the computer but are not install cds. I would try again being sure to hold down "C" from the moment it boots. If that does not work, then I would try a PRAM reset:

1. Restart your computer while holding down the keys Command+Option+P+R.
    2. Wait for your computer to chime twice before releasing the keys.

Then try C again.

After you get into the installer, you want to go into the menus & find Disk Utility. From Disk Utility, format the entire HDD as 'HFS+ Journaled', then install OS X.

12. lilyminx thread starter macrumors newbie

hi i tried all that it still doesnt work, does anyone know a program where i can use on windows 7 to format partitions/hdd's to mac so i can install mac os on it?

13. snaky69 macrumors 603

Is the bootcamp agent running on your macbook pro? It looks like a black/grey diamond on your taskbar, open it up. If so you could always choose the startup disk and tell it to use your OS X disk if you have one.

If you installed windows on the whole machine instead of a smaller bootcamp partition, then you need to reboot the computer and hold down the option(alt) key as soon as it shuts down, with the OS X install disk in the machine. You should then be able to boot from the install disk without any issues

14. kryptonianjorel macrumors 6502

Are you sure you're doing everything everyone has suggested? Because if you can't get OSX to start up, either the disk is bad or the superdrive is bad, or both. You can't install OSX from windows, so stop trying.