Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

potjoe

macrumors member
Original poster
Dec 23, 2010
Stoke on Trent UK &Spain
Hi,to all looks a nice site!.Have just got a 2010 mini (s/hand of ebay.The Q? is it as the last owners name in a few places HOW can i get this name off- is it poss and if so how BUT please nice and easy as i am an old man and goes in and out just like that.
Have had pc's and laptops (lots pro's with windows) for years but now the was to move over to Mac's.
:confused::confused::confused:

mr.steevo

macrumors 65816
Jul 21, 2004
did you follow the instruction link that Hellhammer posted? That should give you a new to you computer. The second disc should be the additional software like iMovie, iPhoto, iTunes, etc.

onyxvu

macrumors newbie
Dec 30, 2010
here is a very simple way that works perfect:

1. Reboot
2. Hold apple key + s key down after you hear the chime. (command + s on newer Macs)
3. When you get text prompt enter in these terminal commands to create a brand new admin account (hitting return after each line):

mount -uw /
rm /var/db/.AppleSetupDone
shutdown -h now

4. After rebooting you should have a brand new admin account. When you login as the new admin you can simply delete the old one and your good to go again!

i take no credit for this, i just found it when i got my first mac

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.