Hi Res Display for 17" MBP?

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by badcrc32, Jun 10, 2008.

1. badcrc32 macrumors regular

2. Westsider 4 Mac macrumors regular

Westsider 4 Mac

ummm

yepper...

3. NRose8989 macrumors 6502a

YEP... i second that..... once i looked at a display model 17 in. HR MBP at my school.. i could only wish that i had really though about it before i bought my 15 in. MBP..... (sigh). but i told myself that I'm not getting another MBP until they release a new model that is at least twice as fast as my current model. so i guess it will be another year or two until i get my piece of high def goodness.

4. jjahshik32 macrumors 603

5. design-is macrumors 65816

design-is

17" High Res display is the best laptop display I could find. Stunning. Truly stunning.

6. Draeconis macrumors 6502a

I ordered it with my MBP yesterday, looking forward to 1920x1200 :) It's great for Ableton, I'll be able to see what more channels are doing!

7. tersono macrumors 68000

tersono

Oh HELL YES :D

It's the best laptop display I've ever used. Period. Don't know how I ever lived without it, to tell the truth.

8. kwfl macrumors 6502

Hi Res is vey important to me. I was planning to get one but the size of the 17'' MBP is too much for me.
    I wanted something smaller. I wish they can make a Hi Res screen for the 15'' model. What say you about 2560x1600 in a 15'' MBP. I will buy it the day it comes. ;)

9. phatspider macrumors 6502

Just to echo other comments - yes 100% worth it - its brilliant :)

Now when I look at my work windows laptop it looks very noddy! :eek:

10. alphaod macrumors Core

alphaod

It's preference; I think most people get it because it's a relatively cheap upgrade--get higher resolution and LED backlighting. I don't care for LED backlighting, so the WSXGA+ panel is easier on the eyes 'cause things are bigger and it is adequately big enough for almost anything you really need to do.

That said, it's worth it if you get it; you don't lose much by not getting it, but if your vision isn't bad, you have they money, buy the upgrade.