Hi-res or not to Hi-res?

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by 4God, Aug 5, 2011.

1. 4God macrumors 68020

4God

So I'll be purchasing a 15" MacBook Pro soon and was wondering about the display options. Don't care about glossy or not glossy but didn't know if I should consider going with the higher resolution option. I'll be doing iPhoto, light Photoshop, Pro Tools and lots of FCPX. Coming from a Mac Pro with a 23" Apple Cinema Display and I'm thinking I might want to go with the higher resolution version but wanted some feedback from others that use theirs for similar tasks. Thanks in advance.

2. Ljohnson72 macrumors 6502a

Ljohnson72

Hi-Res. It took me a day or two to get used to it but after that it's great for Photoshop work and such. Text is not hard to read.

3. mobilehaathi macrumors G3

mobilehaathi

Fresh and interesting topic!

I say hi-res, but it is really just personal preference. If you're centered around photo/video work, I'd say definitely hi-res.

4. randomrazr macrumors 65816

high res will make things a tiny bit smaller, especially text but u get use to it. first day i got eye strain, it eventually stoped.

u get more screen realestate out of it for pictures so for you def go for it.

i have the anti glare.

onlyreason i got it cause everyone eles has glossy, honestly how often do u see in public people with anti glares right? lol thes nly why i went hgh res anti glare

5. 4God, Aug 5, 2011
    Last edited: Aug 5, 2011

4God thread starter macrumors 68020

4God

Great replies, thanks! Good points too. Probably go hi-res and maybe add a 27" display for the home studio. I have mixed bag of work. Some in the field and some at home. I think the hi-res would be good for the field work since I might even have to finish a project on the road.

P.S. I'll be selling the Mac Pro soon that's why I needed to consider my MacBook Pro for all of my work needs. Might get another one to replace this one, but not anytime soon.

6. -tWv- macrumors 68000

-tWv-

If you are doing lots of photo and video like you said, the hi res will serve you well. More screen space always makes things easier

7. hcho3 macrumors 68030

Hi res.

I also prefer Glare screen over anti glare, but that is just me.

Honestly, apple should just include hi-res as standard and they will.

8. awer25 macrumors 65816

awer25

I always say hi-res, but considering you can get 20% off of Macbook Pros from Amazon through Monday, and they only have standard res, I'd say get that. It's not worth $500 more after tax to order a BTO from Apple.

9. hcho3 macrumors 68030

But, you have to buy kindle from amazon. I don't want kindle. You can always buy 17 inch Macbook pro for high res. Heck you can buy 17 inch MBP with the price of 15 inch right now thru amazon.

10. awer25 macrumors 65816

awer25

You have to buy a $100 Kindle and you save $400-500, so I don't see why it's a problem... You can even sell the Kindle on Amazon and get most of the $100 back.

11. mbmosher macrumors newbie

Anyone have a link for the amazon deal? I can't find it on their mbp or kindle pages...

As to the topic at hand, I am certain I will be getting hi-res when I update for the increase in usable space.

12. andrew90 macrumors newbie

Got the hi-res anti-glare a couple months ago. Love it. I use my laptop in a room that often has a lot of sunlight as well, which makes the anti-glare wonderful.

13. Oxonian3 macrumors regular

15" Hi res/Antiglare,I'd also better suggest the 17" Antiglare

14. Vudoo macrumors 6502a

Vudoo

I got the hi-res anti-glare since the extra screen space helps with editing photos.

15. awer25 macrumors 65816

awer25

Here's all the info you need...