HI-RES Screen...

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by myke323, Jul 13, 2010.

1. myke323 macrumors regular

Get it.

I debated long and hard over this one. Like 2 weeks worth of debating.

I went with the HR-AG, and after working on it for a full week now all I can say is this thing is simply awesome. I am back on my 1680x1050 20" Imac right now and everything I used to think was crisp now looks somewhat choppy. It's crazy, I can't even believe how gorgeous the MBP screen is. Yeah some text/menus/toolboxes are smaller, but it's so crisp that it doesn't even matter. Then if you enlarge say, web fonts, you get large text that is insanely crisp, best of both worlds.

Just my 2 cents for anyone on the fence like I was...

2. AlphaDogg macrumors 68040

AlphaDogg

Thank you, but there are many, many forums about this... I feel like spinnerlys by saying this, but you can search MRoogle and you will see how many threads there are about this.

3. BobbyCarbn macrumors regular

BobbyCarbn

I got my HiRes last week and love it as well. I went into the Apple Store about 5 times over 3 days and kept going back and forth. I think what kept me from making a decision at first was was putting both screens together at the Apple Store and coming home to read all the pro/con threads on here. :) In the end i just walked in after giving my eyes an hour break, made it a point not to look at the glossy screen and realized it was just what I wanted.

The deal sealer for me was when I came home I put my MBP 13 with the glossy screen next to the AG screen and noticed how much glare the 13 had in my home office. I actually found myself moving my head to look around the glare on the 13. My daughter has the 13 now and loves it, so, I guess everything is relative.

This place is great, but sometimes you get hooked into the negative threads and think "OMG, why did I just buy this expensive computer that has so many flaws!!!!". Go pick up a dell or compaq and it quickly becomes clear how sub-par those computers are when compared to wholesome Apple goodness!