Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

twist2b

macrumors regular
Original poster
May 26, 2008
North Carolina
I want my current plan but USE the iPhone, how can I achieve this? The PWNGE tool comming out going to do this?

SOrry I have been working NONSTOP all summer and I really just have been out of the loop, but a straight answer would be awesome.
Sorry if this question has been asked a million times (probably) just really interested.

quick edit here, I have a sim card, and I bought the iPhone 3G online NOT from at&t. SO if I put my sim in there, will it work?

MultiFinder17

macrumors 68030
Jan 8, 2008
Tampa, Florida
There is currently no unlock for the iPhone 3G; this much sought-after thing is being worked on. Please be patient.

You can still jailbreak it if you like. But that will not allow you to use it with any carrier you fancy.

twist2b

macrumors regular
Original poster
May 26, 2008
North Carolina
Ok, But if I HAVE AT&T as my carrier already, just dont have the iphone plan. Can I just pop the sim card in and it work? (BTW, I have a 3G sim card and use 3G for free with my razr. Apparently its only smart phones that cost more with 3G)

alphaod

macrumors Core
Feb 9, 2008
NYC
Ok, But if I HAVE AT&T as my carrier already, just dont have the iphone plan. Can I just pop the sim card in and it work? (BTW, I have a 3G sim card and use 3G for free with my razr. Apparently its only smart phones that cost more with 3G)

Actually all smartphones' data plans cost $30 and no you can't unlock it.

twist2b

macrumors regular
Original poster
May 26, 2008
North Carolina
Actually all smartphones' data plans cost $30 and no you can't unlock it.

I dont have a data plan, I would just live without. And I am saying I have 3G and I dont pay extra like with just calling with 3G. I would just use routers since I live in a town that is wifi covered ALL over. And like I saw a few people that said that if you have the new sim card for cingular its fine.

http://www.universal-sim.org/
you can also use that and it works on the iPhone (watch the youtube vid for proof)

benflick

macrumors 68020
Jul 11, 2008
Cincinnati, Ohio
I dont have a data plan, I would just live without. And I am saying I have 3G and I dont pay extra like with just calling with 3G. I would just use routers since I live in a town that is wifi covered ALL over. And like I saw a few people that said that if you have the new sim card for cingular its fine.

http://www.universal-sim.org/
you can also use that and it works on the iPhone (watch the youtube vid for proof)

fake

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.