Hi8 Tape To Mac -PLEASE HELP!!-

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by logobadboy1997, Mar 5, 2010.

1. logobadboy1997 macrumors newbie

logobadboy1997

Hey guys. I have a old Sony Handycam that uses Hi8 video recording tapes. It has night shot (night vision) and it has, i think, a 300x zoom (possibly higher), so all and all I think it is a very good camcorder for how old it is. I have been really wanting to use this camcorder for like youtube videos and just regular home videos, so I need to get those tapes on my Mac. This camera has video and audio jacks on the side to plug into a TV. I need someone to give me some kind of advise on what i should get to put these tapes on my Mac.:confused: Any thing will help. Thanks.

2. spinnerlys Guest

spinnerlys

3. Hmac macrumors 68020

They'll need to be digitized.

I believe you'll could use one of these - one way to do it. Not sure if there are other hardware options that are cheaper than buying a new camera. I can vouch for the video walkman, though. I have one in 8mm and miniDv. Excellent units.

[​IMG]

You could also look here, although in the past I've never had satisfactory results with any of the Dazzle products...the main reason I bit the bullet and went with the above. Another option is to pick up a cheap Digital 8 Handycam and use IT as a pass-through digitizer.

4. logobadboy1997 thread starter macrumors newbie

logobadboy1997

Ok, so what does the product you showed me (the picture) do?