Resolved HID Motorola Bluetooth Keyboard (for android) want to use on iPad

Discussion in 'iPad' started by shyam09, Jun 11, 2012.

1. shyam09, Jun 11, 2012
    Last edited: Jun 11, 2012

shyam09 macrumors 68020

shyam09

So I have the Motorola Bluetooth Keyboard

and i know it's for the Android OS, but its an HID Bluetooth, so i assumed it would connect. THe thing is- it does connect, and it does pair and for a split second i see the popup that says please enter XXX pin on your keyboard nad press enter. and then it would close and be replaced with another popup that says that the pairing failed...

I installed BTStacks Keyboard via Cydia, and while the pairing screen did not disappear ( it was momentarily replaced with the "pairing failed" but then appeared again) but the PIN entered on my keyboard did not work, because nothing would happen (on the iPad), like I would enter the pin, press enter, but nothing would happen...

Suggestions? I know it's an Android keyboard again, but I got it for ~8 bucks (it was on clearance), so yeah.

thanks

EDIT: Its all resolved now! I figured I would search a bit more on the internet and came across http://www.ipadforums.net/ipad-help/27796-ipad-bluetooth-motorola-wireless-keyboard-help.html
    with gave me a beautiful solution!

2. squareeyes, Nov 7, 2012
    Last edited: Nov 7, 2012

squareeyes macrumors newbie

It does work, you just have to hit 'Passcode options' after it fails and manually enter 0000 as the passphrase. I'm typing on mine right now:)

Edit: Sorry only read half your post. Glad you got it working.

My question is how do we map the command key, and maybe others? (non destructively)