Hidden apps on iPhone 3G?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by daleanthony, Jun 26, 2008.

1. daleanthony macrumors newbie

I just went to visit the apple website to check out some prices of macbooks, and on the splash page noticed that in the iPhone 3G photo at the bottom of the screen are the two 'dots' to show that there is another page of apps... I've looked through the gallery of iPhone 3G photos and they all seem to have 2 pages of apps, do you think there are possibly some hidden apps that apple haven't announced?

I tried moving all my web-apps to one screen and it seems that if you only have 1 page of apps then the dots aren't show... am I making any sense here?

Attached Files:

2. Aravintht macrumors 6502a

3. ChrisWilder07 macrumors regular

?

can you give me that link? to the other post

4. Rojo macrumors 65816

Rojo

You can find it here.

5. fishkorp macrumors 68020

fishkorp

The contacts app is on the 2nd page. It has been that way in every beta of the 2.0 firmware.

6. MacFly123 macrumors 68020

Watch the Home Screen video and about half way in you see him flip to the other home screen and there is the Contacts app like on the iPod Touch.

http://www.apple.com/iphone/features/homescreen.html

7. CrazEtooN macrumors regular

I guess you can technically call the standalone contacts thing a "hidden app." I knew it existed on the iPod Touch, and I knew you could get it through Jailbreaking, but I didn't know it came preloaded in firmware 2.0. I loved it on my JB'd phone, and it makes me happy to see it coming in official form.

Good deal.

8. WindowsGuy macrumors member

It's nothing more than the dots to show you there is a second screen with icons on it.

Geeeez. Accept the facts, the features have been released and there is nothing "SECRET" Apple is hiding from you.

Wait, I have to answer the door... There are 3 green little guys with big eyes. I'll report on this later. Trust me... It's true. It's on the Internet it has to be.

9. CrazEtooN macrumors regular

What the hell are you talking about and why are you being confrontational?

The standalone Contacts apps was not something that was mentioned at WWDC as far as I recall. I didn't know about it until this thread, and it has not been widely discussed. Regardless of what you think about it, it is a new app, it wasn't widely announced, and it could "technically" be called a hidden addition.

Oh, and I said nothing about the dots. I know what the dots are and I know they have been showing them in pictures of the iPhone since 1.1.3 added the ability to move icons and have multiple screens. My comments had all of 0 to do with the "dots," and everything to do with the unannounced Contacts apps.

Relax man... Damn.

10. Scooterman1 macrumors 6502a

Scooterman1

How can we run a 'Hidden App'? Too complicated for me.

11. WindowsGuy macrumors member

Ever thought it's a bookmark feature that has been added to quickly access your contacts?

You can move any icon from 1 screen to another regardless if the first screen is full.

The only Application I see in the PDF from AT&T is a location based Yellow Pages application which we already know 2.0 allows you to write your own apps.

Why wouldn't AT&T write an app that uses their maps and listings instead of Google?

When you get your new 3g Iphone use the video conferencing feature that was "for sure" in the new phone to take a video of it.

12. Fuchal macrumors 68020

I heard from a personal friend of Steve Jobs that there ARE hidden apps. Apparently they are unlocked by tapping this icon that is labeled "App Store", whatever that is.