Hidden Dock Settings in Mavericks / iCloud problems (DP5)

Discussion in 'OS X Mavericks (10.9)' started by requimrar, Aug 14, 2013.

1. requimrar, Aug 14, 2013
    Last edited: Aug 14, 2013

requimrar macrumors newbie

Hello!

I've a bit of an issue here. It seems the old dock flags, namely
    Code:
    contents-immutable
    position-immutable
    size-immutable
    autohide-delay
    autohide-time-modifier

don't work in Mavericks... At least in DP5.
    I can create the values manually (via Xcode), but after a while (and killall Dock) it seems the values are deleted.

Is there a solution to this? I honestly cannot stand having to hold my mouse to the dock for one second. Neither can stand the tediously slow animation...

To my knowledge it worked in previous DPs... but when I updated to DP5 this morning, the iBooks app was added to the dock. And I couldn't remove it.

It happened before so I just launched terminal, deleted the contents-immutable tag (that I've had from 10.7 to 10.9 DP4)... and tried again.

It didn't work, so I trashed the dock preferences... and it worked. But of course, now it's not locked, but it's not my greatest concern, the speed is.

Thanks!

EDIT: Alright, this's the last straw.
    No iCloud application works!

Keynote, Pages, Numbers, TextEdit, Preview and pretty much every iCloud application takes forever (i mean literally) to start.

And when it does, the open file window is broken.
    The 'On my Mac' screen works fine, but...
    the 'iCloud' tab simply shows a copy of the On my Mac screen (albeit without file browsing toolbars).

This is a serious problem. It could be an issue on my end though, my iCloud.com doesn't have the new iOS7 layout yet.

It's crippled my productivity by a huge amount. iWork for iCloud is simply too unwieldy (and doesn't have my fonts) to use.

EDIT: at this point it looks like Apple is stuck in-between transitions: I can see iOS-style folders and things when in icon view for iCloud (but it's still browsing my local drive)... This is bad.

2. irnchriz macrumors 65816

irnchriz

......IT IS A BETA, A BETA, HELLO, ARE YOU GETTING THIS??

If you are a paid up developer then raise an appropriate bug report otherwise quit whining.

:D

3. Sky Blue Guest

Sky Blue

Just use your production Mac running 10.8, rather than your test Mac.

4. w0lf, Aug 20, 2013
    Last edited: Aug 20, 2013

w0lf macrumors 65816

w0lf

Probably should have kept a backup of your old dock preferences if they were working. Since you say the they were working until you deleted the preferences I doubt they've been removed.

If killall dock is breaking it you could just make a script that kills the dock and then re-applies the settings.

I had this happen.

It's a problem with a setting on your current user account. I didn't actually bother to do much digging to find the specific file so I just nuked all my library files that I thought might be related and it fixed the problem.

If you want you can either:
    1) Use a guest or new account
    2) Make a backup of your ~/Library/ folder and then delete it, then start adding back things until you break iCloud again and you'll know what specific file is causing it.

My advice:
    LEARN TO USE THE CONSOLE IF YOU'RE GOING TO USE A BETA. It will tell you what's not working and can usually be used to easily diagnose/fix any problem you are encountering.

/Applications/Utilities/Console.app

1) It is an issue on your end.
    2) iCloud.com has not been updated if you want the iOS7 style iCloud use https://beta.icloud.com/#.
    3) iWork for iCloud is still beta and obviously won't be as feature rich as the native app.

That reply has literally 0 value.

That's like saying oh your used car broke, just use your backup car that everyone is totally able to afford. Because everyone has backup cars right?

Also we all know damn well not everyone on here is a developer and on top of that not all developers are pros or have the money to blow on multiple Macs. Just because you're a dev doesn't mean you're making thousands of dollars making Mac apps.

[​IMG]

So because it's a beta you can't ask for help with a problem... I understand now.

Or if you're a paid developer you could help him I dunno troubleshoot the problem... Or tell him where to post to get actually replies not 'lele trollolol u no dev so u fuooked xD, I R pro so I kn0w deeze tings'.

5. maximusprimate macrumors newbie

Now that Mavericks is out, has anyone made any progress on this issue?

6. axialix macrumors newbie

+1. A generous donation will be given to the one who posts a solution to this.

I would also love to know how to make a totally transparent dock in Mavericks. Anyone?

7. axialix, Oct 25, 2013
    Last edited: Oct 25, 2013

axialix macrumors newbie