Hidden Feature?

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by garciarios, Sep 16, 2008.

1. garciarios macrumors regular

Today I accidently clicked the home and power button at the same time and I heard my phone snap a picture... I did it again and I heard the same thing. Nothing happen I just heard the noise. When I went to my photos in my Camera Roll was a screen shot of my iphone of when I snapped the pictures. I havent read about that... Here is an example

[​IMG]

2. gibbz macrumors 68030

That has been in since 2.0. Still a cool feature though.

3. andreab35 macrumors 6502a

andreab35

Wirelessly posted (iPhone: Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 2_1 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/525.18.1 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/3.1.1 Mobile/5F136 Safari/525.20)

Lol yes. If you hold down the home and sleep button breifly the iPhone will take a screenshot.
    It definitely is a cool feature. I asked this question a while ago and I was sort of embarressed for not knowing about this feature yet! lol.
    Comes useful if you want to show us something cool or if you have a problem that you can visually show us with a screnshot. :)

4. phuong macrumors 6502a

what do you think people did when they write tutorial etc... with screen shots of their phones?

5. Yasic macrumors member

Yasic

well to me it is still a hidden feature to have these icons of websites like this google or yahoo icon. how did you do that?

6. TuffLuffJimmy macrumors G3

TuffLuffJimmy

used a feature that's been there since like 1.1.2 or .3

7. Yasic macrumors member

Yasic

ok. and where can i find this feature?

edit: ok got it