Hidden iPhone SMS gesture...

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by dhan, Feb 6, 2008.

1. dhan macrumors member

I'm not sure if this is documented or already pointed out in the forums here but did anyone else notice that when you're in SMS, if tap and hold one of your msgs and slide your finger to the left or right, the option to delete that particular msg will appear. Weird.

2. abijnk macrumors 68040

abijnk

This isn't a hidden gesture actually. Its how you delete things (sms messages and emails anyways). Its in the users guide, and the guided tour. :D

3. nickspohn macrumors 68040

nickspohn

Well this is in he finger tips, and was announced when the iPhone debuted, but it's good you're learning :)

4. Rojo macrumors 65816

Rojo

Man, for a second I thought you were talking about INDIVIDUAL messages, and like a dummy I was actually trying to make a single message disappear. If only! It would be so easy...and useful. Make it happen Apple!

5. Daremo macrumors 68000

Daremo

LOL I thought the same thing. In my mind I said "What? How the hell did I miss that option?"

6. dhan thread starter macrumors member

hahah oh okay that makes sense. never made it a habit to read box manuals - at least it makes for some nice surprises.

7. meagain macrumors 68030

I did the same thing. (stepping away from computer)

8. emt1 macrumors 65816

Uh.. yeah. You can do the same thing with email messages.

9. TardyTurtle11 macrumors newbie

Text message gesture

Does anyone know the gesture to quickly go to the previous text message (from a different person)? I've done it a few times by accident, but I don't know was gesture I used, and I can't find it online. Thanks. :confused:

10. ouimetnick macrumors 68020

ouimetnick

I don't have my iphone with me right now. its up stairs. and I'm to lazy to get up. But Play a song in the ipod part, and when the album art is being displayed, swipe your finger from the left of the screen to the right of the screen, and it brings you back to the list of songs. i think it works in the messages app too.

FYI: this thread is almost 2 years old, but thanks for using the Search function of MacRumors.

11. renewed macrumors 68040

renewed

Pretty sure this is non-existent.

12. The General macrumors 601

Hidden features, guys!

• Touchscreen - if you use your finger to tap stuff on the screen, things happen!
    • Phone - If you tap that green icon on the bottom left, you can make phone calls!
    • Camera - Putting your finger on that icon on the top right that says camera opens a camera!!!

13. renewed macrumors 68040

renewed

And... now this has never been seen before until 2009, after Apple taking 2 years to perfect.... you can now (again this is top secret) touch the camera icon in the newly called messages app (previously SMS) and send... pictures!

shhh

14. No ice please macrumors 6502

After you done typing your sms don't send it instead shake your iphone and it will ask to undo your typing.